Thanksgiving Break, As Told By Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

When it’s finally Tuesday and you realize that it’s the last day of classes:

Giphy

Driving home, with the thought of seeing your mom keeping you sane in Thanksgiving traffic:

Giphy

When you see your parents after 3 months of having to be an adult without them there to help:

Giphy​

And hugging your mom and realizing you never want to let go again:

Giphy

Catching up with your friends from high school:

Giphy

When it’s finally Thanksgiving Day and you’ve never been more ready to stuff yourself with food:

Giphy

But first, you have to hang out with your relatives. No, Great-Aunt Mildred, I don’t have a boyfriend. No, I don’t want a four minute hug. Yes, I would like to hide in my room:

Giphy

The food isn’t done yet and you start to get hangry:

Giphy

Aaaaand the food is finally ready and you’re content:

Giphy

But then your uncle says something racist and you’re just like:

Giphy

Towards the end of the meal when you’re stuffed and tired, but don’t want all of this good food to go to waste:

Giphy

And you had a little too much wine at dinner:

Giphy

But you quickly sober up because every shopper knows that Black Friday starts Thursday evening. You’re already fully aware that you’re going to have to deck some children as you run to the front of the crowd:

Giphy

When you get home after a long shopping trip and try out your new stuff:

Giphy

And you realize that your food baby is making your new pants a little tight. Gotta get on that workout grind:

Giphy

It’s Friday afternoon. We’ve reached the point where UVA students are now on a “Choose Your Own Adventure” adventure. If you’re a normal student, you’re ready to lounge the weekend away before you have to go back to school:

Giphy

But if you’re like me and have to be back for the big Tech game, you’re practicing for the halftime show:

Giphy

But no matter what you did over Thanksgiving Break, you can’t say you didn’t miss UVA even just a little bit.

Notes from Peabody Hall

Hi! I'm Summer! I'm a fourth-year biology major at the University of Virginia, and President/Campus Correspondent for HCUVA. I love HC because it elevates the female voice and provides a platform for my passions in an awesome #girlsquad community! I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks for checking out my page, and happy reading!