Stages of a Sunday Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

For some people, Sunday is their favorite day of the week. I’m not one of those people, no matter how much I may try to be. 

If you are anything like me, you probably know that Sunday isn’t always a “funday.” Usually, it involves a whole lot of work thanks to a bad habit of procrastination. There are also guaranteed to be a number of meetings, not to mention the fact that you really need to make a grocery store run or clean the apartment. 

Basically, this whole day is a reminder that Monday is right around the corner. But not to worry folks, that also means that Friday will come back around as well! (See, I’m really not such a negative person.) So, my dear Sunday-dreaders, here is a little narrative of a Sunday morning to let you know that you are not alone! 

You wake up…later than you planned. Oh, plus you also have a massive headache. 

Coffee time and morning catchup. Okay, this isn’t so bad, you’re finally feeling awake. 

*Que you, checking your phone aaaannnddd…..stressful emails galore! Or (perhaps even worse) you see some disturbing pictures and texts from the night before. 

Shower it off. Come on, get yourself together. You have a paper due tomorrow, plus loads of reading to do (we’re talking triple digit numbers of pages here). 

READY TO GO. Let’s get this Sunday started!

But ugh, do I have time to go to brunch though? Whatever, it’s only Sunday….I can do work tonight. 

(all images courtesy of giphy.com)