Springing for Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I think that it’s safe to say that it is officially spring here in Charlottesville. With leaving the cold, dreary winter weather behind, we get to welcome the beauty of spring weather, fashion, and —most importantly— accessories! Here are some of my favorite must-have spring accessories to wear this season!

1.     Mini Backpacks

I’ve noticed miniature backpacks springing up in all of my favorite shops, and I LOVE it! Wearing a backpack is way more comfortable than lugging around a purse all day, and everything is cuter when it’s miniature! Here is a super affordable backpack from Forever 21. It’s such a versatile piece that matches any outfit!

2.     Mirrored Sunnies

Metallic, mirrored sunnies are IN. The best part is that there are so many different styles, so you can always find a pair that suits your face! This trend makes any outfit instantly chic and fashionable. I love getting my sunnies from Zaful because they’re so affordable, and they offer so many options! Here is one of my favorite styles at the moment!

3.     Suede Chokers

Suede chokers scream spring, especially nude and tan toned pieces! They add a light, spring vibe to any outfit!  They match almost everything, and come in so many variations! I love playing around with chokers, because they add festival-vibes to any outfit! Forever 21 has such a wide selection of chokers, it’s almost hard to pick just one! Here is one of my favorites!

4.     Quirky Espadrilles

Sure, your average pair of espadrilles are super adorable and cute, but why not go for something a little more funky? Espadrilles come in so many fun and quirky prints and designs. Plus, they’re super comfy, casual, and add a little personality to any outfit! If you’re willing to invest in a pair, check out Soludos’ selection! They have so many cute styles and designs to choose from, but don’t worry, because there are many dupes out there!With these accessories, you will spring into this season’s fashion effortlessly in style!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!