books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

September Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

We all have that September feeling as we finally get back into the routine of being back to campus. Sleep little, eat lots, study some, go to class, eat some more…Ah classic UVA how we have missed you! Hopefully, you can breathe a little bit better as you get back into the swing of school again and don’t forget to have some fun. Here are some emotions we all go through as we realize the semester has just only started…

1.Realizing you’re already behind in readings for just about all of your classes…even before you showed up on the first day…

2. That feeling when you realize there are new people on campus and you don’t recognize a lot of them…

3. When you forgot to check Lou’s List, and end up with a professor you aren’t loving so far. So you and your friends come together to try to switch out to a better section with a different professor…

4. The moment when you choose to bring out all those summer shopping deals and show off that new summer/fall wardrobe just because you can….and look beautiful doing so…

5. When you get all your classes for the day and decide to treat yourself with some good old Arch’s froyo to welcome you back to the Corner

6. As you navigate those classes, and you realize that cute guy in the third row is smiling at you and he has no one sitting next to him. Time to make new friends!

7. After catching yourself daydreaming in class, absently scribbling notes down…yet you seem to be understanding the material…

8. When your professor already gives you an exam plus a problem set that’s due the same day too…

9. You wake up and realize that it is only Thursday and you have two more days of classes to push through….plus it’s only mid-September and the month never seems to end…

But it’s okay because Ryan is here to make you smile!

10. Rocking away from class after you just totally crushed it on your first exam, just like Beyonce

11. Singing “The Good Ole Song” and remembering how you just love being a Hoo!

Have a great end to your September friends! And continue to smile! Wahooowa! 

Meg is a student at Haverford College and plays field hockey for the college. She is an interested writer.