This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Samantha Daniel

Year: 4th

Major: Foreign Affairs

What’s your favorite outdoor activity to do in Charlottesville?

My favorite outdoor activity in Charlottesville is the farmer’s market. I love seeing all of the fresh fruits and veggies AND THE FLOWERS. I love the flowers. I also really enjoy hanging out on the lawn. I really want to soak it all up before I graduate this May.

What is your favorite study spot?

My favorite study spots are definitely the McGregor room in Alderman and 1515, which one I prefer depends on how intensely I need to be working. I go to the McGregor room when I really need to focus and 1515 when I don’t mind background noise. I’m never opposed to working in my room with the window open either.

What will you miss most about UVA when you graduate this spring?

I’m really going to miss the sense of community when I leave UVA. It’s been awesome to live so close to my friends. There’s always someone to hang out with or something to do. There is nothing in this world like living on a college campus (or grounds). I’m just going to miss that overall, mostly because I only got to experience it for three semesters.

What is your dream job?

This year I’ve discovered my passion for the non-profit sector. I would be so fulfilled working for an organization like IJM or Compassion. I think I would feel most at home in a faith-based workplace. No matter what I’m doing, I want to be making a direct personal impact on people.

What is something you have changed your mind about?

I’ve changed my mind about so many things, especially because in a college scenario. I’m always learning about new ideas and new opportunities. Most often, I’ve changed my mind about what I want to do with my future. I’ve let go of the idea that I have to have everything figured out as soon as I graduate. I think I change my mind about what I want to do almost every day.

What is your favorite spring fashion trend?

EVERYTHING trending this season is beautiful. I am obsessed with the light blue stripes and the embroidered denim and dresses!!! I’ve also noticed a lot of flowy, baby-doll styled dresses and one-piece bathing suits and I am ALL about it. I’m really digging spring fashion right now.

Who inspires you?

This may sound cliché, but everyone in my life inspires me.  My friends, my siblings, and my parents all make me want to be better and do better. They all drive me to be the best version of myself, and they do inspirational things every day. I am so proud of them. I would not be me without the incredible people that fill my life.

What is your go-to recipe?

I recently studied abroad and struggled with a lot of food anxiety, so I’ve been trying so many new recipes. I don’t think I have a favorite, but I love when I have a new one. I’m really enjoying trying new things. (really really really love Sweet Potatoes though) I’m always open to recipe suggestions.

How are you feeling right now and why?

I’m feeling joyous. For the first time in my life, I’m doing all of the things that I’ve only talked about doing. I’m taking care of my body and my mind now, after struggling with anxiety and loneliness for a while, and it is so fulfilling.  Self-love and self-care are really important and change everything, and I’m discovering that in this season of life.

What is your main goal in life?

My main goal in life is to worship God in everything that I do. I want my relationships, my career, and my life to glorify Him every day. If I am doing that, then I’ll be satisfied.