Reasons Why Charlottesville is Wonderful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Although there has been a lot of craziness in Charlottesville recently, we need to come together as students to show Charlottesville our support and our appreciation for how wonderful of a city it is. So here are some reasons we all know we love Charlottesville and to celebrate its diversity, its greatness, and all the amazing aspects of the city that make it up.

1.  UVA(Image Courtesy of virginia.edu)

As students of UVA, it is important to recognize how not only wonderful our school is, but appreciate daily our ability to attend the University. UVA is an integral part of Charlottesville in both the University itself in its undergraduate and graduate programs, the hospital, the athletics, and ability for the Charlottesville community to be able to integrate itself into Thomas Jefferson’s dream that became reality. As we love UVA, we love Charlottesville for embracing UVA as part of its own.

2.  The Downtown Pedestrian Mall(Photo Courtesy of ggwash.org)

With daily visits by the UVA community, the Pedestrian Mall is a great spot for UVA students to relax, volunteer or work at, shop at, and interact with the local community. If you have never been, catch the trolley or take a stroll on a nice day to visit this wonderful part of Charlottesville that is so full of life, good eats, great shops, and wonderful people.

3.  The People

The people of Charlottesville are what makes it so wonderful today. With so much diversity across all areas, the locals of Charlottesville who stay in year in and year out make Charlottesville the great city it is to live in. There are some great opportunities to involve oneself more with Charlottesville citizens through working, internships, volunteer work, shopping, dining, and casual chit-chat that are great ways to learn more about the people who make up this city.

4.  The History(Image Courtesy of home.monticello.org)

With controversial history re-surfacing especially this year, it is important to remember that the history of Charlottesville is something to educate oneself about, recognize the significance of, and learn from to make this city the best it can be. Charlottesville and its citizens need our love, support, and encouragement everyday so go out and spread some love!

5.  The Topography(Image Courtesy of charlottesville365.com)

With the sunny summertime winding down, we are lucky enough to be surrounded by the beautiful changing colors of leaves from the trees. With local orchards nearby as well as mountains, there are so many opportunities in and around Charlottesville to go apple-picking, hiking, camping, and enjoy the wonderful mountainous and serene nature. The wonderland of winter will soon be upon as well followed by the colors and reawakening of the spring. We are fortunate here in Charlottesville to be able to witness all the seasons in their glories, and be able to embrace the wonders Mother Nature always graces us with.

For more information on Charlottesville and all that it offers, please visit:

http://www.charlottesville.org

(thumbnail image courtesy of longandfoster.com)

Meg is a student at Haverford College and plays field hockey for the college. She is an interested writer.