Raquel Marriott ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Raquel Marriott

Major: Foreign affairs

Year: 1st

Hometown:  I’m from a military family so I don’t really have a hometown, but I associate myself most with Arlington, Virginia and Maastricht, Netherlands.

Involved In: First Year Council, VISAS, Women’s Development Leadership Program, and Air Force ROTC.

What’s your go to accessory & is there a reason why that’s your go to?

Definitely my watch! I’ve had this gold Michael Kors watch for so long. When I don’t wear it, my wrist feels bare. I go to this accessory because I feel like it adds an instant touch of class.

If you could travel anywhere right now, in this instant, where would you go and whom would you take?

I would go somewhere tropical… hmm… Actually! I’ve been having a craving to go to Rome. Rome is one of my all time favorite cities- I really like how classic and rich in history it is! Also, the proximity of the Vatican creates a really cool environment. I would take my best friend because we both love to travel!

How would you describe your style?

Lazy chic! On a day-to-day basis I wear jeans, a slouchy top and boots. I like looking timeless and put together even when I don’t have much time to get ready.

Your favorite make up look?

A very natural look, with the occasional bold lip (be it red, pink, or… any other color really!). For the more skin care based products I’m willing to invest. So I make sure to use a good foundation (usually Benefit)! But for makeup, like mascara and eye shadow, I’m fine to use drugstore.

Who’s your style icon?

There are a couple fashion bloggers I look to for inspiration. I love Olivia Palermo’s style – it’s very easy but always glamorous.

What are your favorite small time brands and big time brands?

My favorite small time brand is Zara and big time brand? See, the way my budget works…

Smile, it makes you live longer! 
Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!