Positive Quotes About Failure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Right around this time of the semester many of us are receiving our midterm results. Unfortunately, even if we’ve studied incredibly hard for an exam, there are times when we simply just don’t do well.  While a bad grade on a big exam may seem like the end of the world, try not to worry too much. Some things really do happen for a reason and the world’s greatest success stories are not without their share of failure. Here are some powerful quotes on failure from some extremely successful people to help spread some positivity wherever it may be needed in your life!

”Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”

-Henry Ford

”Show me a person who never made a mistake, and I will show you a person who never did anything.”

–William Rosenberg

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” 

-Robert F. Kennedy

“The phoenix must burn to emerge.” 

-Janet Fitch

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

-Winston Churchill

“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” 

– Denis Waitley

“It’s failure that gives you the proper perspective on success.” 

-Ellen DeGeneres

“There is no failure except in no longer trying.” 

-Chris Bradford

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” 

-Winston Churchill

“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” 

-Henry Ford

“Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” 

-C.S. Lewis

“Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” 

-Robert T. Kiyosaki