Her Campus UVA Blog

• The Collegiate Triangle

When you enter college they say that you have to choose two of three: a social life, good grades, and sleep. Being ambitious and a fresh...

• 3 Words. 8 letters.

Signing up for an 8:00 a.m. was a horrendous decision for my last semester of college. While my body hates me each and every time that...

• 3 Words. 8 letters.

• Photoshopping "Beauty"

The glossy covers of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Elle glare at women from news stands and grocery-line cash registers. The covers are all...

• The Show Goes On...

After countless mornings of returning to fraternity houses to search for phones with my best friends, I have always prided myself on the...

• This Little Light of Mine

Its just not what I need right now. I kept pleading to my mom the morning before. All I wanted to do was go on a get-away trip, to lounge...

• Ugg Ugg Uggly

My name is Katrina and I am an addict. An Ugg addict that is. When the plague of Ugg-adoration swept through, I caught it. In high school...

• And there they are running...

And there they are running. Smiling, nervous, rocking a new tshirt, and running to the girls who loved them enough to invite them into...

• Chutzpah.

Last first day of classes. I waltz into the Comm school excited to finally take a class in this beautiful building and watch the confusion...

• Lessons from Paris

As I see my mom at the end of the terminal jumping up and down with a box of goldfish in her arms (I requested this American delicacy-they...

• Touched By An Angel

Touched By An Angel Mom I got it, I’m in a sorority! And boy will I say do I love the majority. She questioned, and probed me, and asked...

• Yes, It’s Just Me. Flying SOLO.

After being literally the LAST person to leave Charlottesville to finally return home for Thanksgiving break, I was so excited to get home...

• Give Thanks

As we head back to school, and leave our families and dinner tables full of food, it is important to reflect on the holiday we just...

• My Little Black Cat

I couldn’t do it. The thought of studying, the very thought of reading another word was killing me. So what did I do? Foster a kitten...

• Gray, Gray, Go Away

There are so few areas in my own life where I am a black or white person. My whole life I’ve been a people pleaser. Many times when I am...

• How Are You Doing?

The rain beats down on my windshield as the Fleet Foxes song plays on the radio. Ah, soothing. What a cozy, rainy day. Then out of nowhere...

• I'm Heading South

I am a very aggressive walker, something that I always attribute to being from the northeast. Being from the city of Boston, I have grown...

• branches_0.png

Branch Out

I was standing there having the time of my life. But then it hit me…its 11:30 pm and I’m not on the Corner. I was not in a frat house, or...

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style