Her Campus UVA Blog

• Ugg Ugg Uggly

My name is Katrina and I am an addict. An Ugg addict that is. When the plague of Ugg-adoration swept through, I caught it. In high school...

• And there they are running...

And there they are running. Smiling, nervous, rocking a new tshirt, and running to the girls who loved them enough to invite them into...

• Chutzpah.

Last first day of classes. I waltz into the Comm school excited to finally take a class in this beautiful building and watch the confusion...

• Lessons from Paris

As I see my mom at the end of the terminal jumping up and down with a box of goldfish in her arms (I requested this American delicacy-they...

• Touched By An Angel

Touched By An Angel Mom I got it, I’m in a sorority! And boy will I say do I love the majority. She questioned, and probed me, and asked...

• Yes, It’s Just Me. Flying SOLO.

After being literally the LAST person to leave Charlottesville to finally return home for Thanksgiving break, I was so excited to get home...

• Give Thanks

As we head back to school, and leave our families and dinner tables full of food, it is important to reflect on the holiday we just...

• My Little Black Cat

I couldn’t do it. The thought of studying, the very thought of reading another word was killing me. So what did I do? Foster a kitten...

• Gray, Gray, Go Away

There are so few areas in my own life where I am a black or white person. My whole life I’ve been a people pleaser. Many times when I am...

• How Are You Doing?

The rain beats down on my windshield as the Fleet Foxes song plays on the radio. Ah, soothing. What a cozy, rainy day. Then out of nowhere...

• I'm Heading South

I am a very aggressive walker, something that I always attribute to being from the northeast. Being from the city of Boston, I have grown...

• branches_0.png

Branch Out

I was standing there having the time of my life. But then it hit me…its 11:30 pm and I’m not on the Corner. I was not in a frat house, or...

• Yoga wisdOMMMM

“Put some muscle into it”, my lighting teacher instructs me as I struggle with unscrewing the overwhelmingly heavy and expensive light...

• Chill Out

The beginning of the year carries enough stress, but who would have thought fourth year would bring on...more. We’ve been told fourth year...

• Almost Done.

Almost done. We can all see the light at the end of the tunnel as the Corner becomes less crowded, spots on the street become easier to...

• Dream Come True

“It just wasn’t meant to happen…” My wise mother has always consoled me with those technically not so consoling words. But I’ve always...

• Justice for All

Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider, girls go to college to get more …. Unequal? Women’s suffrage…what can I tell you about it? Well, I...

• Defining a Relationship

You meet. You hang out. Then you hang out more. Then comes the weekend, and you better be hanging out by the end of the night…. right?...

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style