Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVA Blog

Blake Shelton Takes Center Stage at JPJ

By Nina Karas
September 30, 2013 - 10:23am

When I first realized Blake Shelton was coming to Charlottesville I had to get the best tickets possible. There was no way I would be sitting in the nosebleed seats for my future husband’s show. Reality quickly set in when I remembered I am a college student on a budget.   READ MORE

The Collegiate Triangle

By Katrina Margolis
September 8, 2013 - 10:33pm

When you enter college they say that you have to choose two of three: a social life, good grades, and sleep. Being ambitious and a fresh college student, I thought (as most students do at first) that I could break the system and be the student that had all three! You can have it all! I will eat my cake, and sleep a lot too! READ MORE

3 Words. 8 letters.

By Emily Via
April 16, 2013 - 11:32pm

Signing up for an 8:00 a.m. was a horrendous decision for my last semester of college. While my body hates me each and every time that alarm goes off at 7:30 am, taking personal finance has actually taught me many valuable lessons such as how to balance a checkbook, why debt sucks, and how to save for retirement. However, the professor is really just teaching us how to be adults and thrive financially once we’re in the big bad real world. READ MORE

3 Words. 8 letters.

By Emily Via
April 16, 2013 - 11:32pm

Bevello Shopping Event: Thursday, April 18

By Nicole Patterson
April 11, 2013 - 2:37pm

It’s stocked with brightly colored dresses, wedge heels, and new tanks, and readers, it’s all yours.   Next Thursday, April 18th, join Her Campus at UVA as we host a shopping event at Bevello, located in the Barracks Shopping Center at 1107A Emmet St. North Charlottesville, VA 22903. From 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Bevello will provide champagne, snacks, and a raffle prize + discounts on clothes. Come join us as we reign in the springtime with some new pieces for our wardrobes!    READ MORE

Photoshopping "Beauty"

By Meghna Khosla
April 1, 2013 - 12:00am

The glossy covers of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Elle glare at women from news stands and grocery-line cash registers. The covers are all beautifully edited and promise to give us endless beauty secrets, weight loss tricks, and the newest trends, but perhaps the most intriguing part of these magazines is the Cover Model. The “It” girl. She’s the one whom everyone wants to be. She stands in model-like poses, flawless and glamorous all at once. READ MORE

The Show Goes On...

By Emily Via
March 27, 2013 - 9:43am

READ MORE

This Little Light of Mine

By Nilla Ali
March 21, 2013 - 5:53pm

READ MORE

Ugg Ugg Uggly

By Katrina Margolis
February 18, 2013 - 12:00am

My name is Katrina and I am an addict. An Ugg addict that is. When the plague of Ugg-adoration swept through, I caught it. In high school it was okay. Waking up early, rolling to school in my pajamas was what everyone did. They were comfortable, I’m from New England and so the warmth was a necessity. But as college approached, I thought perhaps I should give them a rest. READ MORE

Apply Now for a Paid Microsoft Brand Rep Opportunity!

By Francesca Lee
February 12, 2013 - 12:12pm

Microsoft is searching for hard working, entrepreneurial, well-connected and social media savvy students to be a part of an exciting and rewarding marketing program on campus this Spring. Your job will be to help increase awareness and usage of SkyDrive through events, online activities, and other efforts – all customized to your campus based on what YOU know about your peers. SkyDrive stores your files in the cloud so you can access, share, and collaborate on them anywhere. If you love tech products, are excited to talk about them and are looking to gain both real-world experience and extra money, a part-time job as a SkyDrive Ambassador is the perfect fit! READ MORE