Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVA Blog

Girl Power?

By Katrina Margolis
December 15, 2013 - 5:16pm

Bow down to Queen B. As you may have heard (and if you haven’t you live under some sort of rock), Beyonce has released a surprise album, breaking the internet and fulfilling the dreams of music listeners everywhere. I love Beyonce as much as the next person, but I have a bone to pick with the fabulous B at the moment. READ MORE

Rachel McAdam's New Film "About Time"

By anomymous
November 23, 2013 - 3:37pm

As I sat in the Charlottesville Regal theatre on Friday night crying some happy (and, admittedly, some sad) tears after the new Rachel McAdams movie "About Time," I was struck by the overall message of the film. Unlike the usual romantic comedy that can sometimes leave me feeling empty, unsure of the meaning, or simply amused but not profoundly moved, this one was different. It seemed to be the perfect mixture of sweet, funny, and silly that took a movie about mundane, every day life events, and created a magical film that left me pondering how I can enjoy each and every day of my life. As we move into Thanksgiving this week, remember that joy can be discovered everywhere, even in the seemingly small things....

Her Campus Night at Duo

By Katrina Margolis
October 15, 2013 - 4:26pm

This Thursday, October 17th, Duo will be hosting a night with Her Campus at UVA. The event will take place from 5-7 pm. All Her Campus readers will receive a 10% discount off of their purchases, and snacks will be provided! READ MORE

Your Back to School Survival Kit

By Mandy Liu
October 4, 2013 - 1:00pm

Your Perfect Back to School Survival Kit With midterms fast approaching and the amount of work piling up, a few essential items can really change your mindset.  Poppin: work happy with colorful products! I love my blue Poppin notebook. It’s easy to carry, I can jot down assignments quickly, and it even has a pocket to hold cards and small flyers! Having the right kind of items to keep you organized can make the difference between remembering when your midterm is and planning ahead, or not.  READ MORE

Blake Shelton Takes Center Stage at JPJ

By Nina Karas
September 30, 2013 - 10:23am

When I first realized Blake Shelton was coming to Charlottesville I had to get the best tickets possible. There was no way I would be sitting in the nosebleed seats for my future husband’s show. Reality quickly set in when I remembered I am a college student on a budget.   READ MORE

The Collegiate Triangle

By Katrina Margolis
September 8, 2013 - 10:33pm

When you enter college they say that you have to choose two of three: a social life, good grades, and sleep. Being ambitious and a fresh college student, I thought (as most students do at first) that I could break the system and be the student that had all three! You can have it all! I will eat my cake, and sleep a lot too! READ MORE

3 Words. 8 letters.

By Emily Via
April 16, 2013 - 11:32pm

Signing up for an 8:00 a.m. was a horrendous decision for my last semester of college. While my body hates me each and every time that alarm goes off at 7:30 am, taking personal finance has actually taught me many valuable lessons such as how to balance a checkbook, why debt sucks, and how to save for retirement. However, the professor is really just teaching us how to be adults and thrive financially once we’re in the big bad real world. READ MORE

3 Words. 8 letters.

By Emily Via
April 16, 2013 - 11:32pm

Bevello Shopping Event: Thursday, April 18

By Nicole Patterson
April 11, 2013 - 2:37pm

It’s stocked with brightly colored dresses, wedge heels, and new tanks, and readers, it’s all yours.   Next Thursday, April 18th, join Her Campus at UVA as we host a shopping event at Bevello, located in the Barracks Shopping Center at 1107A Emmet St. North Charlottesville, VA 22903. From 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Bevello will provide champagne, snacks, and a raffle prize + discounts on clothes. Come join us as we reign in the springtime with some new pieces for our wardrobes!    READ MORE

Photoshopping "Beauty"

By Meghna Khosla
April 1, 2013 - 12:00am

The glossy covers of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Elle glare at women from news stands and grocery-line cash registers. The covers are all beautifully edited and promise to give us endless beauty secrets, weight loss tricks, and the newest trends, but perhaps the most intriguing part of these magazines is the Cover Model. The “It” girl. She’s the one whom everyone wants to be. She stands in model-like poses, flawless and glamorous all at once. READ MORE