Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVA Blog

Photoshopping "Beauty"

By Meghna Khosla
April 1, 2013 - 12:00am

The glossy covers of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Elle glare at women from news stands and grocery-line cash registers. The covers are all beautifully edited and promise to give us endless beauty secrets, weight loss tricks, and the newest trends, but perhaps the most intriguing part of these magazines is the Cover Model. The “It” girl. She’s the one whom everyone wants to be. She stands in model-like poses, flawless and glamorous all at once. READ MORE

The Show Goes On...

By Emily Via
March 27, 2013 - 9:43am

READ MORE

This Little Light of Mine

By Nilla Ali
March 21, 2013 - 5:53pm

READ MORE

Ugg Ugg Uggly

By Katrina Margolis
February 18, 2013 - 12:00am

My name is Katrina and I am an addict. An Ugg addict that is. When the plague of Ugg-adoration swept through, I caught it. In high school it was okay. Waking up early, rolling to school in my pajamas was what everyone did. They were comfortable, I’m from New England and so the warmth was a necessity. But as college approached, I thought perhaps I should give them a rest. READ MORE

Apply Now for a Paid Microsoft Brand Rep Opportunity!

By Francesca Lee
February 12, 2013 - 12:12pm

Microsoft is searching for hard working, entrepreneurial, well-connected and social media savvy students to be a part of an exciting and rewarding marketing program on campus this Spring. Your job will be to help increase awareness and usage of SkyDrive through events, online activities, and other efforts – all customized to your campus based on what YOU know about your peers. SkyDrive stores your files in the cloud so you can access, share, and collaborate on them anywhere. If you love tech products, are excited to talk about them and are looking to gain both real-world experience and extra money, a part-time job as a SkyDrive Ambassador is the perfect fit! READ MORE

And there they are running...

By Nilla Ali
February 1, 2013 - 11:29am

READ MORE

Chutzpah.

By Emily Via
January 26, 2013 - 2:54pm

Last first day of classes. I waltz into the Comm school excited to finally take a class in this beautiful building and watch the confusion on my friends’ faces in response to my presence, since they know I am American Studies and Drama (probably the farthest thing from Comm School). READ MORE

Lessons from Paris

By Nicole Patterson
December 18, 2012 - 12:56pm

As I see my mom at the end of the terminal jumping up and down with a box of goldfish in her arms (I requested this American delicacy-they most certainly don't have them in France) I quickly realize that the past 4 months in Paris have already begun to seem like one long, beautiful, dream.  READ MORE

Touched By An Angel

By Nilla Ali
December 6, 2012 - 2:13pm

Touched By An Angel Mom I got it, I’m in a sorority! And boy will I say do I love the majority. She questioned, and probed me, and asked whose the best “Tell me what girl is different from the rest,” Honestly mom, there isn’t one girl I don’t adore But fine…if you’re making me, there is one that did stand out more She had this beautiful blonde hair that framed her flawless face And her eyes did this squinty thing when she smiled with grace READ MORE

Yes, It’s Just Me. Flying SOLO.

By Emily Via
December 3, 2012 - 11:58pm

After being literally the LAST person to leave Charlottesville to finally return home for Thanksgiving break, I was so excited to get home and enjoy the time off from school. I walked through the front door and was instantly greeted by my excited mom and my little dog and the aroma of freshly baked cookies. Home sweet home! My aunt, who I have not seen since before I studied abroad, is also at home excited to greet me. We chat for a minute before she says something that clearly has become the official phrase my parents must keep telling people in the family. She asks me how school is, and how is my 4th year, and how are rehearsals etc. Then she drops this comment:  “Emily you are too busy to have a boyfriend I hear”. ...