Nikki Perrier ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Nikki Perrier

Major: Media Studies & Religious Studies

Year: 4th

Hometown: Newport Beach, CA

Involved in: Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship; Alpha Delta Pi 

How would you describe your style?: I wear a lot of neutrals, denim, and plaid and stripes! My style is laid back and preppy/California comfy chill with a slight girly touch. 

Do you have any advice for dressing in this weird Virginia weather? Scarves are always a good idea. Also, invest in a good pair of leather boots–it’s so worth it, especially since they can be worn in fall and spring with dresses and leggings, or in the winter with jeans and sweaters. My Frye Melissa Button boots are the one of the best purchases I’ve made–I’ve had them for four years and they’re still goin’ strong. 

What are your wardrobe staples? White Converse (they go with everything, in every season, and are super comfy. Mine are currently very well loved and don’t look super white, but I’m embracing the weathered look). Thrifted oversized sweaters (great for keeping warm in the fall and winter, and they’re so affordable! Lately I’ve been into layering them over flannel/gingham shirts, and pairing them with skinny jeans and boots). Chambray shirt (layer it over a dress, or under a sweater with a colorful scarf–so versatile and great for both California and Virginia!). My favorite cream-colored lacy fringe scarf (it gives a feminine touch to flannel & converse outfits. I also love to pair it with a dark denim dress, leggings, and suede booties). 

In my purse at any given moment: A water bottle (hydration is key, always), Rosebud Perfume Co. Salve (perfect for chapped lips/dry skin and smells lovely), my Bible and Moleskine journal (for jotting down thoughts and practicing pretty cursive hand-lettering), and lots of candy wrappers. 

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!