Natasha Halloran ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Natasha Halloran ‘18

Name: Natasha Halloran

Year: Third

Major: Foreign Affairs and Spanish (Pre-law track)

Hometown: Chesapeake, Virginia

What are you involved in at UVA?

Victoria’s Secret Campus Representative, Third Year Council, First Year Resident Advisor, Student Council Legislative Affairs, Madison House Volunteering, Undergraduate Black Law Students Association (Vice President), Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, and Research Assistant for Darden School of Business.

What’s your favorite thing to do around Charlottesville?

My favorite thing to do around Charlottesville is to engage myself in the community, whether it be volunteering or going to the city’s events like the farmer’s market. Often we forget as university students to connect with the community in which we reside. Nothing humbles and makes me feel better than volunteering in a food pantry and tutoring local youth every week to break the “university bubble” and give back to my community.

What is your favorite part of fall?

Fall is hands down my favorite season. My favorite part of fall is the chilly weather where I can transition to pumpkin flavored items and wear cute sweaters and scarfs with boots.

What is something you can’t live without?

Something I can’t live without are the pictures of my loved ones. I am a hoarder of pictures because I love being able to reflect in retrospect on my past cherished memories and live vicariously from them, no matter how little the event.

You wake up and find out all classes are cancelled… how do you spend your day?

I am always on the go and busy with my different organizations on top of school, so if I were to find out all classes were cancelled I would simply watch Netflix! I am actually considered the Queen of Netflix binging among my friends, so without a doubt that is what I would do on a day off.

Favorite place to be on Grounds?

Starbucks! I literally make numerous trips a day to Starbucks. There is always a refreshing drink for my mood. My current favorites are the strawberry acai refresher and the iced caramel macchiato with coconut milk.

Yoga guru, farmers market snob, vegan foodie, rock climber, and lover of anything free.