photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Kimia Nikseresht ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name:  Kimia Nikseresht

Year: 2nd Year

Hometown: Shiraz, Iran and Bedford, New Hampshire

Major: Spanish and Sociology (Pre-law)

What are you involved with around grounds?

I am the external relations chair for the Persian Cultural Society (PCS), a member of the executive board for the Middle Eastern Mentoring Program, a member of the Middle Eastern Leadership Council, and I also intern at the UVA Football Office.

How would you describe your personal style

Honestly, I don’t think I can really describe it in a few words! I don’t really like to put myself or my style in a box. I don’t really follow any specific trend or stick to a certain color pallet. I love fabrics with unique patterns, vibrant colors, and fitted cuts. I try not buy items just because everyone else is wearing them and that’s “what’s in” at the moment. I like to explore and find individual pieces that catch my eye. Also, I love collecting jewelry from different cultures because you can find the most beautiful accessories for practically no money, and no one else will have the exact piece! My absolute favorites tend to be hand-made pieces or unique earrings and necklaces from the Caribbean Islands and the Middle East.

What will be your go-to outfit for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

This one’s easy! A sweater dress, tights, and booties. You can dress it up with more sophisticated accessories, or keep it plain and simple. It’s the perfect outfit to spend hours on the couch watching football and eating pie, which I definitely plan on doing this year!

Hey, I'm Jordan! I'm a second year majoring in International Relations and Women, Gender & Sexuality. Here's my life in a nutshell: Feisty Feminist. Big hair enthusiast. Professional online shopper. Admirer of all things French. Overwhelmingly sarcastic. Lover of small animals.