How to Throw the Ultimate St. Patty’s Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Welcome back to grounds, my friends. Although spring break is over (which we are all mourning BTW), we can look forward to celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend! Here are some good tips you can use to throw the best St. Patty’s party with your besties!

1. Decorating with Green!

The most important step to having a successful St. Patty’s Day party is, of course, decorating everything green! From streamers to clovers plastered on the wall, any green decoration will instantly amp up the festive vibes of your party! Not to mention, the green decorations will make a great prop for your next instagram post! Here is a simple DIY garland that would be perfect!

2. Eating Green

Don’t be fooled by the term “eating green!” Eating green veggies sounds fun and all, but we all need to cure our sweet tooth with some green treats this St. Patty’s Day! Leaving out little green treats at your party will not only cure the hunger of your guests, but also add to the experience of your party! Here is a recipe for a really simple St. Patty’s puppy chow, but if you are running low on time, I’m sure green M&M’s will do just fine!

3.  Looking the Part

Now that we have both decorations and food covered, the only thing left is the outfit! Wearing anything green will do just fine, but we cannot forget about the accessories! If you and your friends want to buy St. Patty’s headbands in bulk, here are some from Amazon that will arrive just in time! Not only are they super cute, but they are also so affordable!

Now that we have covered all the bases, it’s time for you to throw an unforgettable party this St. Patrick’s Day!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!