This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

It’s almost the end of the year! Here are some ways to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward until the end.

1.   Be Positive!

We procrastinate when we are stressed, tired and bored. Do something simple to make you happy. Buy yourself that $4 latte or take that 15-minute nap.

Photo by Tirachard Kumtanom on www.pexels.com

2.   Write yourself a to-do list

Writing a to-do list will clear your head, and crossing something off your list is one of the most satisfying things ever.

Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

3.   Reward yourself

Create a reward system for yourself when you complete a certain amount of your work. Have a scoop of ice cream after you finish one paragraph, or if you’re studying in a group, have a five-minute talk session every 30 minutes.

4.   Do work in a public place

Peer pressure is a powerful thing. If you do work where a lot of people can see you go on Facebook or scroll through Instagram, you might feel the pressure to be studious.​Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash

5.   Plan your breaks

Planning when you will be stepping away from your work will help you push yourself to be productive with the time you have. Who wants to cancel dinner plans with friends because you haven’t studied enough? 

New Yorker by birth, Wahoo at heart.