How I Used the #HCSurvivalKit to Actually Survive My Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Welp that’s it. It’s over. This is my last undergraduate semester at UVA. The end is so close, but so far away, no thanks to the 4 exams and a paper I have all in less than a week. So yeah, that’s how Finals 2015 is going to look. But luckily enough, I’m honored to have been able to receive a sample of the ever-so-amazing Holiday Survival Kit to test out. Here’s how I managed to have a little fun in the mother of all hell weeks!

1. Chipotle with the squad

So I’m so ashamed to admit it, but I actually fall under the trap of eating super unhealthy for finals. Yeah, I make up for it by working out but still, seriously, OrderUp can you chill with the food deals? You’re killing me here! Needless to say though, I’m nominating Chipotle for the best Finals Food Choice Award (it’s going to be a thing one day) because of a few reasons:

* A burrito, or burrito bowl (probably the 2 more popular options) comes with nutrients from all the major food groups: protein from the meat and beans, calcium from the cheese and sour cream (go easy though!) , essential fats from guacamole, and of course your veggies!

* If you’re like me, one bowl can serve as lunch and dinner, meaning if you’re bringing it to a library, you’re set for two meals!

* ONLINE. ORDERING.- Yo, I don’t have time to wait in that gigantic line for my food. Some peeps and I discovered online group ordering; you can send Chipotle an email asking for everyone’s orders and have it all ready to be picked up at a certain time. We walked in, walked straight to the register (sorry suckas) paid immediately, and started eating. Talk about a perfect study break.

2. Byebye chunky wallet, hello awesome Vera Bradley ID Case!

I’m a girl. I have a giant wallet. I have a ton of random cards in there. I DON’T need to be taking them around with me all the time. I’m already carrying the weight of the world (aka 4 textbooks, a laptop, a bunch of notebooks, a water bottle, etc etc), so I need to cut away any extra weight where I can. If I’m going to Clem or Alderman Library, realistically, I only need: my school ID, my license, my Starbucks card, and my credit card. I definitely don’t need yesterday’s old bar receipts or months old coupons from Arch’s with me. So I took them all out, and lo and behold, my cards AND house key fit inside the Vera Bradley ID case. Even better, I can clip it onto my backpack so I don’t lose it! Thank goodness.

3. Taking a study break with some tats #casual

My best friend and I literally can’t stare at our screens any longer. There just comes a point where your eyes say “NO MORE. I’M DONE.” So we let our inner kids out and popped on these super cool tattoos (these aren’t your average dinky tats that you pay 25 cents for at the grocery store entrance). First off, they smell AMAZING. Second off, we’re going to look super festive and hot for the holiday parties coming up!

4. Ugh, take me back to Beachweek

I used the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to give my hair a little extra boost and make it seem like I just stepped off of the beach! Except, it’s December and freezing cold. But at least, my hair is going to look hella good.

Shouldn’t I be, idk, writing my paper in the bottom floors of Clark?

Oh what the heck, people are going to see me anyways, and I’m done looking like I just marathoned an entire season of How to Get Away with Murder in a day….which I absolutely did not. Beachy hair waves here I come!

Hey collegiettes! I'm a fourth year Psychology major at the beautiful University of Virginia, studying business analytics and research. My 2nd year, I was one of three committee members for the first ever HerCampus at UVA PR/Events Planning team, then 3rd year I was the chair of the team, and now I'm super happy to be their first ever treasurer. I'm so proud to see how HerCampus has grown since I started, not only in writing, but planning terrific events and growing our reach in the UVA community. Every year I meet a fantastic group of talented girls who can write and shed light on important topics, and also girls who are incredibly resourceful and skilled on social media and PR. I love HerCampus with a passion and I'm so glad for the opportunity to have met so many wonderful UVA collegiettes!