This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Happy holidays, hoos! I’m not sure about you, but this semester flew by with the blink of an eye. I know how stressful this time of the semester can be because of fall break and exams approaching rapidly. Here are some tips to balance the wrath of exams and the holiday season throughout December!

1.    Create a calendar(photo courtesy of pexels.com

Whip out a planner and block out time to study for exams, time to relax, and time to spend with friends! By planning your time accordingly, you can fully invest yourself in the festive spirit while also staying on top of your school work.

2.    Plan holiday gifts in advance(photo courtesy of pexels.com)

It may seem too early to begin planning gifts for the holidays, but December is going to creep up on us before we know it! Begin jotting down gift ideas for people to get a head start! This is going to save you so much time throughout the holiday season.

3.    Maintaining a balanced diet(photo courtesy of pexels.com)

I know from personal experience how hard it is to maintain a healthy, balanced diet during the holidays. All of the cookies are so tempting, however, staying healthy will keep your mind sharp and ready for exams! Don’t limit yourself, though. Just remember to eat holiday treats in moderation to keep your mental and physical health the best during this stressful time!

4.    Don’t forget to treat yourself!

The most important tip to having a stress-free December is to remember to treat yourself! Don’t forget to indulge and relax when needed. Run yourself a bath, do a facemask, or even bake some cookies as a treat because you deserve it!

With these tips, you will be breezing through December with ease as exams and the holidays approach!  

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!