Foxfield Accessories: Everything You Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Foxfield is right around the corner, and while you probably have your dress picked out, you may still be thinking about the accessories to accompany it. Below are a couple of ideas to spruce things up this year. 

Hats: 

Instead of donning the typical wide-brimmed straw hat, try taking a tip from Kate Middleton and wear a headpiece. While many of these can get out of hand very quickly, there are some on Etsy that are reasonably priced, and unerstated to help introduce your look. This one can be worn with or without the netting, and the flower keeps it simple, preppy, and spring. It can be found here

Nails:

This year, instead of doing the typical French manicure, try showing some school spirit with Jamberry. I recently tried out these nails, and they are super fun. They are easy to put on, and stay on for a very long time. While having Cavalier spirit all over your nails might be a bit much, try doing just your ring finger or the pinky for a little bit of pride. Who knows, you can tell Joe Harris that you’re supporting the basketball team. These nails can be found here

Ribbons:

If you are going to wear the traditional hat, try accesorizing your accesory. By wrapping a ribbon around the middle you can create a new look that can add to the simplicity of a straw hat. These ribbons are customizable by color and by name. If you decide next year you actually don’t want a ribbon, you can simply take this one off instead of having to buy a whole new hat. Check them out here.  

Jewelry: 

Everyone has their monogrammed necklace, but you should have monogrammed earrings. These are customizable by color, and by print you can choose exactly what you want. It’s a twist on a preppy staple. Find them here

Shoes:

I have always struggled with this issue. While I always want to wear wedges because they are very cute, it can be hard with the grass and the uneven surfaces. Instead, try going to a flat wedge, like these Kate Spade sandals. There is only a little bit of a slope so that your toes don’t get too tired, and it is easier to walk across the ground with them. You can find them here.  

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!