Faith Randolph ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Faith Randolph

Year: Third Year

Major: Women Gender and Sexuality

Hometown: Derwood, Maryland

Number 20 on the court but number 1 in our hearts! Get to know this week’s campus celebrity, Faith Randolph! While she was named ACC 6th Man Of The Year last season, this baller has more to her than what meets the eye. This Justin Bieber and Zendaya fanatic can lull you to sleep with her smooth jumper, but still gets it done in the classroom at the University.  So, sit back, relax, and read on as Faith spills the beans about being a student athlete, her pre-game rituals, and what she is involved in off the court.

What activities are you involved in outside of basketball?

I am a referee for Intramural sports which is kind of cool because instead of playing, I now call the games. It’s a little different. I also am in the Young Life Club where I meet with a small group every Wednesday and talk about the Word of God.

What is your favorite part about being a member of the UVA Women’s Basketball team?

I love being part of the ACC where there is such a high level of competition every game. I also enjoy being able to represent UVA positively on and off the court.

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

I always have to take a nap after shoot around. After my nap I listen to my favorite artists such as Zendaya, Justin Bieber, and Chris Brown.

How do you manage your time as a student-athlete?

I try to stay organized and plan my day ahead of time. I’m the type of person that tries to finish homework as early as possible so it won’t pile up towards the end of the semester.

What is something people don’t know about you?

I still love to watch Spongebob Squarepants, 90’s cartoons, and TV shows like Sister Sister and Smart Guy. It never gets old to me.

Rapid Fire Questions

Favorite show? Sister, Sister

Celebrity crush? Justin Bieber

Favorite food? Tacos

Favorite movie? Hunger Games

Clemson, Clark, or Alderman library? Neither, I like my room.

More by Faith

It would be awesome to see more students support this team (UVA Women’s Basketball) because we are a great team that will be successful in the ACC this year.

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!