yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Couples Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether they make you cringe, or whether you want to go all out in them, Halloween is the one time of the year when you can let your hair down and be straight up cheesy with your boyfriend or girlfriend. What better way to showcase your relationship than a matching costume? Noones going to question whether you’re single or taken, trust us on this one.

The Food Costume

This is the ultimate cheesy costume where you pick any pair of your favorite complementary foods, and become them for a day. Ideal choices include peanut butter and jelly, salt and pepper, and eggs and bacon. If you’re really into this idea (and extremely committed to your partner) you can take this idea up a notch and have a connected food costume. For example, being smores that are stuck to each other through the marshmallow (too much? No! you’re just being festive, right?)

The Superheroes

This is perhaps the most widely used costume idea, but its also the one that produces the most oohs and aahs if done right.  So pull out your old comic books (or Pinterest) and flip until you see the likes of Batwoman and Batman, Superman and Superwoman, etc. To have the most effective costume make sure the colors and accessories of your outfit are coordinated and you’ll be sure to steal the show.

The Disney Princesses

Admittedly, it will take a lot more convincing to get your man to dress up as a Prince (pretty much his only choice in this theme), but hey, how hasn’t dreamt of being a Princess of Halloween? So take your pick of Cinderella, Jasmine, and Ariel and Instagram away in your tiara, until your followers regret following you.

Ordinary People in Ordinary Jobs

This is the costume where you pretend you hold a different job for a night and dress up in a more risqué version of either a nurse/doctor, police man/ police woman, etc. The more exciting part of this costume usually lies in the accessories (stethoscope, handcuffs) so make sure you’re prepared.

Whether you decide to dress up as a couple, or go single this Halloween, make your night worth it’s while by being in a festive mood.

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!