Comfy, Cozy and Cute: Fashion Forward Winter Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Charlottesville weather has been nothing short of freezing for the past week and a half. With that being said, many people’s focuses have switched from dressing cute to dressing comfortably to class. Nothing is worse than being cold, wet, and uncomfortable on your walk across grounds to a class that you almost didn’t attend due to the weather. Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to sacrifice being cute to be comfortable. Here are a couple of items that will keep you cozy and cute as you brave the winter weather.

Infinity Scarves

Don’t want to get up in the morning? It might not be a problem now if you can take the comfort of your bed and pillows with you. Wearing a warm and chunky infinity scarf is like having a pillow around your neck. It is great because it allows you to protect your neck and face (nose and mouth) from the cold winter wind. Also there are so many wonderful patterns, colors, etc. it will be easily to find one that goes with your outfit.

Parka/Puffy Jacket

In this weather, sweatshirts and jackets won’t do the trick, you need something heavy duty but that doesn’t mean it can’t be cute. Right now a huge trend that I have seen across many universities is military styled apparel. Yes, I’m talking anything hunter green. Now you don’t have to spend your whole college savings on a high-end military parka, simply check out your local mall and I’m sure you will find something there. My biggest suggestion is to purchase one that has a warm inner lining.

Rain Boots

If your feet are cold, then the rest of your body will inevitably feel cold as well. A great way to take care of this problem is invest in a good pair of boots. While any kind of boot will most likely get the job done, rain boots are ideal because if the weather is anything less than amazing, they will be able to withstand the extra punishment. There are so many great name brand boots out there: Hunter, Duck (Bean) Boots, etc. but a solid pair of rain boots of any kind will not only keep your feet warm, but stop you from having to layer on an absurd amount of socks to stay warm.

So while the weather isn’t 75 and sunny there is no need to scarify cute for comfort. Have your cake and eat it two by investing in a few of the items mentioned above. Stay warm my friends!

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!
Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!