Cheap Flight Websites For Your Summer Getaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Summer is almost here! Trying to make it one to remember? Check out these websites for traveling on a budget.

1.   Sky Scanner

This is my go-to website for finding cheap deals. Sky scanner checks all of the airlines that I can think of and shows you the best deals in order. Not set on a specific destination or date? Sky scanner has an interactive map that lets you check out the cheapest deals for an entire month.

Photo by Sylwia Bartyzel on Unsplash

2.   Pomelo Travel

I seriously almost booked a flight to Hawaii on a whim because of how cheap the ticket was on this site. Pomelo has both a free and premium subscription, and sends you emails with cheap flights to domestic and international destinations. If you are a person that is comfortable booking quickly for the best deal, this is the site for you.​Photo by Steven Lewis on Unsplash

3.   Student Universe 

This subscription site is for people with .edu email addresses, so it is a great resource for students. It also shows you the cheapest options for hotels and tours, so you can plan your entire trip from one site if you want to.​

Photo by Jérémie Crémer on Unsplash

4.   Scott’s Cheap Flights

This website, which sends you the cheapest international flight deals, has been featured in magazines like Time and The Washington Post for its business success. I’ve seen trips to Paris for $260 on this website, so I would definitely check it out.

Photo by Drif Riadh on Unsplash

5.   Just Fly

My final website of choice. This sight is great because of its extended cancellation policy (for those indecisive people out there).

Travel safely! 

New Yorker by birth, Wahoo at heart.