This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Everyone loves denim, from cowboys to toddlers to high fashion designers. Even better, it’s always in style and weather versatile! Break out your jorts and use these best ways to wear denim.

1.     Mom Jeans

This style came onto the fashion scene in the 1980’s, when they weren’t mom jeans, they were cool jeans. But, as future moms grew up, they just couldn’t leave their high waisted, big butt, cuffed jeans in their highschool days. Luckily for them and us, mom jeans are back in fashion and comfier than ever. They cinch your waist, make your butt look great, and are loose enough in the legs so you can move around. In the picture below, Addie styles her laid back look with a bright T-shirt, Chucks, and an oversized printed button down.

2.     Joutfit

What is a joutfit, you ask? AN ALL JEAN OUTFIT! Joutfits are one of my favorite trends, and give a fun twist on monochromatic fashion. I usually make my joutfit out of my own pair of mom jeans and a jean jacket. I love this jean jacket because it’s oversized, it has shoulder pads, and I got it from a thrift store for three whole dollars. I personalize my jacket with patches, as you can see from the dog, the Finish flag, and some others. I styled my outfit with a light wash jacket and jeans, cuffs to expose my polka-dot socks, low Chucks, and a sweatshirt style top.

3.     Overalls

Overalls are my favorite way to wear denim, hands down. They’re comfortable, they have lots of pockets (which most girl jeans do not), and it’s easy to plan your outfit around. I got these from the thrift store back in 6th grade (I have not grown at all), and I’ve worn them ever since. My favorite thing about them is the big pocket in front because I can hold my phone in there. I styled my overalls with a black body suit from H&M, a strappy bralette from Forever 21, and some orange outdoor sandals.

4.     Dark Wash

Navy and black jeans are one of my favorite styles; it upgrades a cute and casual outfit to a cute and classy outfit. In the picture below, Simone is wearing dark navy high waisted skinny jeans with a black shirt and black booties. Her look is sleek and put together, but a T-shirt or brightly colored top can make the style more casual. Also, black and navy look good on everybody, and dark wash jeans are super flattering.

Hi! I'm Summer! I'm a fourth-year biology major at the University of Virginia, and President/Campus Correspondent for HCUVA. I love HC because it elevates the female voice and provides a platform for my passions in an awesome #girlsquad community! I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks for checking out my page, and happy reading!