Best Episodes of Gilmore Girls to Binge – Watch Before the Netflix Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Every year, November is an exciting and nostalgic time characterized by crisp fall weather, spending time with family, and giving thanks. This year, however, is different. On November 25, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Netflix, and if you’re like me (or any other girl in the world, basically), you’ve had that date marked on your calendar for months.

For those that spent their childhoods fantasizing about starting every morning with a coffee from Luke’s Diner or celebrating the first snow of the season in the Stars Hollow Town Square, the Gilmore Girls revival could not come sooner. Unfortunately, we still have to wait 19 days to find out if Rory ends up with Dean, Jess, or Logan. In the mean time, cozy up in bed with some popcorn and start binge-watching old episodes to mentally prepare. For the ultimate inspiration, check out the list below of the best episodes from each season of Gilmore Girls!

Season 1: “Kiss and Tell”

Rory’s adorably memorable first kiss in the grocery store is one of the most pivotal moments of the first season. Watch with second-hand embarrassment as she awkwardly says “Thank you!” upon being kissed for the first time. Plus, this episode is loaded with fall spirit with the whole town preparing for Thanksgiving.

Season 2: “The Road Trip to Harvard”

You’ll wish you were one of the Gilmore girls as you live vicariously through their first college visit, filled with hilarious road-trip antics.

Season 3: “They Shoot Gilmores, Don’t They?”

The quirky Stars Hollow town festivals always make for unforgettable episodes, and this is one of the best. The annual Stars Hollow 24-Hour Dance Marathon means cute vintage outfits, plenty of Rory relationship drama, and a major test to Lorelai’s characteristic caffeine addiction.    

Season 4: “The Lorelais’ First Day at Yale”

Lorelai is the definition of mom goals when she hosts a huge party for the girls in Rory’s new college dorm to get her settled at Yale, complete with lots of greasy take-out food and ice cream.

Season 5: “You Jump, I Jump, Jack”

When Rory is assigned to investigate a mysterious secret society for the Yale Daily News, she embarks on an unexpected adventure and develops a new crush along the way.

Season 6: “Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number”

Rory’s 21st birthday is another major milestone, but this time she are Lorelai are on rocky terms and things do not go as planned. Though Gilmore Girls is definitely at its best when Rory and Lorelai are BFFs, as usual, this episode is packed with drama.

Season 7: “Unto the Breach”

The second-to-last episode of the series is definitely one of the more emotional ones, as Rory graduates from college and prepares to make her way in the world. Be sure to have a tissue box nearby when you watch this episode!