Andrea Villena ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Andrea Villena 

Year: First

Hometown: Dallas, Georgia

Major:  Government, Minoring in Spanish

What are you involved in?

OYFA, PAFEN, GCF, LSA, and I work at North Grounds gym.

How has your style been over the years?

I’m a big shorts and t-shirt kind of girl- and in the past year: a big makeup person! I feel naked without eye shadow.  Every now and then I like to spice it up, if I have an event I enjoy wearing professional clothes. But honestly, most of the time I’m too sore from the gym to whip out the blazers.

What would you say your day-to- day outfits are?

I’m very big on shoes- my sneakers have to be on par and match my outfit. Nike is my baby. I try to be as fashionably dressed as I can in my athletic clothes. Fun fact I have a different sports bra for every day—my pink Nike bra is my favorite: it’s my Friday bra!

Beauty routine?

I’m big on moisturizing—I make sure to lotion up! My makeup routine is also very important to me. I love a natural look with my eye shadow: golds and tans are the best along with a lot of mascara. I have 5 or 6 mascaras that I put on in order: I take my lashes seriously.

I’m a big teeth brusher as well: 4 to 5 times a day! Your smile is something that’s noticed right away- it helps with confidence. It’s especially important when I’m lifting and the only cute thing about me is: my pearly whites.

We’ve been blessed lately with a little bit of warmer weather, what’s a clothing item you are most looking forward to wearing this spring?

My Nike Pro spandex: they feel right on me. Honestly, it feels like I’m not wearing clothes which is nice when it’s this humid in Virginia.

The end of the school year is coming quickly, what would you tell your First Year self if you could go back?

Don’t try to compare yourselves to others, everyone here is smart but that doesn’t mean you’re dumb. It’s important to continue to remind yourself of that; you can get caught up in a negative whirlwind really quickly.

Best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

Keep Shooting—you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take! Coach Skelton told me that – he was the hardest coach I’ve ever had in my life but he was so worth it.

Last _______

Movie you saw? Spanish movie: La Madrastra (the stepmom)

Food you ate? Peanuts (my favorite)

Joke you told?  Sooo… the cheetah and the lion are racing and the cheetah wins and the lion goes: “You’re a cheetah” and the cheetah goes: “You’re lion!”

Song you listened to? Trap Queen by Fetty Wap

Choose:

Nike or Adidas

Victoria Secret or Pink

Forever 21 or Marshalls

Bikini or One piece

Jeans or Denim Shorts

Converse or Flip Flops?

Smile, it makes you live longer!