Almost Done.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Almost done. We can all see the light at the end of the tunnel as the Corner becomes less crowded, spots on the street become easier to find, and the libraries seem less and less packed in with body heat. Yes, the end of the year has come. But, for those adventurous ones who aren’t yet willing to face the real world life of internships and jobs, beach week is the final shining light of opportunity to enjoy the UVA nightlife. Except that you get to enjoy it during the day…on a beach. For those of you taking your first trip to beach week you might be wondering…what should I expect? Well young and inexperienced ones, you should expect to have one of the greatest times…if you play your cards rights. Beach week is that time of year when the spirit of carelessness is in the air. You have no responsibilities, dead lines, due dates, nothing. The only priority you do have is to have a great time and enjoy the relaxation you worked so hard to earn. We all have been on spring break trips and obviously enjoyed the beach, but there is absolutely nothing like enjoying the beach or sharing a drink with someone you sat next to in class all semester, but never really talked to.

My words of wisdom for beach week? Take one dance in a cage at Speegee (The Spanish Galleon). There is nothing like confidently showing off your dance moves next to your fellow UVA friends…in a cage. But, I will say there is a classy way to go about everything…just make sure that you are having a blast while keepin’ in classy. Rule number two? Stay up till super late and wake up super early. Beach week is not the time to sleep, but rather the time to soak up all the fun that you could possible have. Step three? Make a stop at South of the Border on your way down. There is nothing like a last minute adventure with friends. Most importantly, be safe and stay hydrated…that is with water of course. When staring at a large body of water you sometimes forget how much you are lacking in your own body and that’s when the summer fun can really take a toll on your health. You want to be able to have a blast for the whole week, and there is nothing like dehydration to set you back.

What do you pack? Bathing suits of course! If you are lacking in the swimsuit department Cosmo posted some great sites with bathing suits under $50! Check out Delia’s, Alloy, Old Navy, Mango, or Victoria’s Secret for some great pieces to show off your body without breaking the bank. What to wear at night? Keep in mind beach week might be your one time to bring out that club gear you’ve always hid in the back of your closet, so bring out the heels if you so dare and get ready to dance late into the night.

Do I sound too excited about something that really doesn’t seem like that big of a deal? Maybe. Or maybe this blog is a product of my procrastination for studying for finals. But hey, whats a better way to spend my time than passing off some words of wisdom to those who have yet to experience the wonders of UVA’s beach week….now back to the books!