5 Ways to ‘Treat Yo Self’ to a Perfect Fall Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Fall revolves around falling leaves, PSLs and Trick-or-Treating on the Lawn, but midterms can get in the way of embracing the crisp fall air and all that the season has to offer. Instead of getting stressed about the rest of the Fall semester, take Donna Meagle’s advice and Treat Yo Self.

1. Decorate a Pumpkin

To get into the Halloween spirit, treat yo self to a pumpkin painting party! This is a great alternative to pumpkin carving, and you don’t have to worry about the pumpkin going bad before Halloween! Martha Steward Craft Paint from Michael’s comes in the cutest colors and dries super fast.

2. Get Dressed Up and Go Out

Instead of staying in and studying all night, take a break and treat yo self to a night out with some friends! Check out the restaurants on the Downtown Mall, lose the sweatpants and head out for a relaxing girl’s night. Even if you don’t normally wear makeup, New York Color’s City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eye shadow & Eye Primer are easy to apply, last for 24 hours and are waterproof. This makes them the perfect option for a student that doesn’t have time to hassle with an extensive makeup routine. These products are sure to wow your friends!

3. Eat Sweets!

Whether you treat yo self in the Fall with a specialty Starbucks drinks or with Halloween candy, sometimes it’s hard to justify all of those calories. Try Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, which is made with only real ingredients. It’s a totally guilt-free alternative to sugar!  It’s perfect for adding a delicious sweetness to so many of your favorite foods, so you can still treat yo self and be healthy!

4. Try Something New

Fall is the perfect time to treat yo self and try a new hairstyle! Waves are super trendy right now, so try TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray, which has a lightweight formula to give hair tousled texture for beachy waves. Even if you use this product for your Halloween costume, you’ll love it enough to make it part of your everyday routine.

5. Grab Your Favorite Meal

Treat yo self to a post-midterm meal with your friends! A go-to treat yo self spot in Charlottesville is Chipotle at Barracks, as evidenced by those long lines! The stress of the Fall Semester can seem overwhelming, but allowing yourself your favorite meal is sure to raise your spirits!