5 Organization Tips to Get Back on Track After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Coming back to school after break can feel like your life goes from 0 to 100 mph in an instant. Suddenly, reality sets in and important assignments begin to creep up on you. Here are 5 simple tips to help keep you organized and on track so you can end this semester with a bang!(image courtesy of unsplash.com)

1.     Use some kind of planner.

Seriously. It may seem like your collection of sticky notes around your room are doing the trick, but it will make your life so much easier to commit to a planner! Whether you prefer the old-fashioned paper and pen method or an online version, it is always important to make sure you are keeping track of events and due dates. Try to make a habit of writing everything down as soon as possible to prevent overscheduling conflicts. It also helps some people to color code certain information in their planner for added organization and clarity. Plus this always looks pretty impressive if you ask me!

2.     Pack your bags the night before.

It’s easy to forget the little things you may need for class, like books or folders. So to make your life easier, try to pack your school bag the night before so it’s all ready to go if you’re rushing out the door the next day. You can also throw some snacks in there too. This advice probably sounds super mom-like of me, but believe me if you tend to run late like I do it really helps to have things ready to grab and go!

3.     Figure out your most productive time of day.

Generally, everyone has a different time of day when they feel the most productive and motivated to do work. Figure yours out and, if possible, schedule time everyday to do any work during those hours. This helps to divide your time and make room for more fun activities in your day!

4.     Clean your desk out!

Try to keep the clutter on your desk to a minimum. This will help to reduce your stress and increase productivity. Not only will things look tidier and prettier, it will make it so much easier to find what you need!

5.     Have a system for taking notes.

Most everyone has a different style of taking notes. If you’ve found a method that works for you, stick to it and make it consistent so that you are really familiar with it. This will make it easier to review your notes later on. 

(cover image courtesy of unsplash.com