bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Healthy Habits to Get You Ready for Bikini Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Charlottesville is starting to warm up, meaning we are all are wondering if maybe we ate a few too many Insomnia Cookies this winter (how many is too many though??), and are ready to get our bodies in shape for shorts, bikinis and summer dresses. Add these five healthy habits to your everyday routine, and you’ll be ready to rock the teeniest bikini on the beach!

1. Drink More Water! Probably the most important thing you can do for your body. We are 70% water, remember? Start your day off with a glass of water to kick-start your metabolism, wake yourself up, and flush all the toxins out of your body!

2. Sleep! Not only does your metabolism function better, but you will be able to resist your cravings better when you aren’t completely drained. Try to get your homework done in between classes so you can get to bed earlier.

3. Walk to class! Now that it is nice outside, avoid the bus when you can, and enjoy the beautiful Cville weather on your way to Chemistry.

4. Set goals! Figure out your fitness goals, and write it on a sticky note. Hang that sticky note up where you will see it every day while you are getting ready. You will have the constant reminder of what you are striving for, and it will help you stay focused.

5. Make healthy swaps! Instead of that Venti Carmel Macchiato, maybe opt for a Green Tea. There are no empty calories, and it will still give you the caffeine you need. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Not only will your body feel better with less processed foods, but your skin will clear up too!

Hi! I am Olivia Bunting, but most people call me Liv. I am a first year at UVA, and I am so excited to be a part of HerCampus!