Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Products to Try this Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Beauty products can make some bold claims. It can be hard to discern from the false and the true claims, but no need to worry. I tried products throughout the past month and picked out some products that actually do what they claim to do and more. Keep reading for some beauty products you can count on.

1.     Nails Inc Nail Polish(photo courtesy of Nals Inc)

As a person who can not stand to have unpolished fingernails and religiously gets a gel manicure at the salon, this is the best nail polish I have ever tried. There is a reason this is one of the only two nail polish brands Sephora carries in stores – it’s amazing.  I can go multiple weeks without the color chipping or fading.  With over 150 nail polish colors there is shade for everyone and every color leaves a plumping and high-gloss finish.

2.     Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion(Photo courtesy of sephora.com)

This product claims to help reduce the appearance of pores and it does just that. After using this product as instructed for three weeks I saw a great difference in the appearance of my pores. It also leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft through gentle exfoliation. This product is worth every penny for anyone with oily or combination skin who is looking to reduce the size of their pores.  

3.     L’oréal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara(Photo Courtesy of Target)

I was skeptical to try this mascara. I was reluctant to believe that this $8 mascara could keep up with my other luxury mascaras, but it did that and more. This is the best mascara I have tried and the price is unbeatable. This mascara volumizes and lengthens lashes while staying put all day.

4.     Realher Do Your Squats Eye Shadow Palette(Photo Courtesy of Realher)

I had never heard of the brand Realher before I had received this palette as a gift. After trying this eye shadow palette just once I couldn’t believe that this brand is not more well know. The eye shadows are high quality with no fallout and great pigmentation. I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone looking for a palette with great basic colors to make a wide variety of looks with.

5.     GLOWSTARTER™ Mega Illuminating Moisturizer – GLAMGLOW(Photo Courtesy of Sephora)

Everyone needs a good moisturizer heading into the colder months. This moisturizer does double duty. It moisturizes the skin and also helps to solve the dullness that can come with the winter too. This moisturizer has iridescent illuminating pearl particles that brighten the skin and enhance your complexion. The creamsicle scent included is also amazing.   

All of these products will be some of the best you ever tried. As a bonus, many of the websites provide a discount on your first purchase for signing up for their mailing list so enjoy!