The 14 Stages of Taking Finals, as Told by Adele

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Winter break feels like such a difference between us, and a million miles (away).

1. You get back from Thanksgiving break and start looking for your motivation like:

2. And then your teacher lets you know that there will be a final exam and a final paper, because it’s the season of giving, after all.

3. So you go to Office Hours for the first time, hoping that the professor will finally realize that you are the hardest worker in the class and that at this point you will do anything to save your grade.

4. And maybe while you’re there you can drop some hints that your professor should definitely follow.

5. And as your teacher goes over the review, things you learned are like:

6. But then you remember that you did the most minimal amount of work and thus retained the most minimal amount of information.

7. And you realize that you really could’ve thought about this earlier in the semester.

8. So you wallow in your own pity a bit, apologizing for everything that you ~*~haven’t~*~ done

9. And you get a little down…

10. But then you remember that you’re a five star person!

11. And that sometimes there will just be things that are out of your control.

12. So you get down to business and prepare to show your professor who’s really in charge here…

13. And walk into your exam and greet your teacher like:

14. And once you survive your three hours in Satan’s quarters, you are a free person once again.

If Adele can make it through all of her break ups, you can make it through this exam period.

Peace out, first semester! You won’t be missed.

Just your average UVA third year with a passion for dank brunches, niche Spotify playlists, and people who know the difference between "fewer" and "less."