Things We Told Ourselves January 1st

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

It is February 10th and we are taking it back to the 1st of January vibes. You know when you say all that stuff about improving and what not. Well we’re checking in with ya, but mainly to let you know it’s okay to slip up.

(Is February to late to wish everyone, Happy New Year? Good thing we’re talking forgiveness)

Once a new year rolls around, we always promise ourselves change for the upcoming year. Some make a detailed list, others just let some ideas float around in their head.

A classic would be “I’m going to eat so healthy this year”, okay but you know you’re going to find a new favorite ice cream flavor, and Starbucks will probably come out with a new cake pop flavor. Or the famous “I will be at the gym every single day”, what about that good Netflix show you will want to binge watch? “I want to travel to so many places this year”, sure will if you ever make it off of campus long enough. Also, “I will pay more attention in class and get good grades”, yes except there will be a cute boy catching your attention every class period. And lastly, “I will spend my money wisely this year” crazy shopping sprees are considered wisely, right?

We are all guilty of at least one of these, and that is okay! It is important to just take it easy and not put so much pressure on ourselves because life is stressful as it is. No one should feel forced to change something about themselves, as long as one is happy and content, that is all that matters.

No Netflix shaming here.