This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Notes are no joke in college. They are the most important information you may need on a test or on a project. They contain random due dates your professor mentioned in class, or a fun doodle you drew. But who knew that notes were really deep?

TYPING NOTES

Depending on the class I am taking that semester, I like to either hand write my notes or type them on my laptop. If I am typing them I use Microsoft Notes.

I have the option to make different notebooks for each class. For my Foundation of Communication course I separate my lecture notes and book notes. To be even more extra, I’ve separated my documents into each month, so I can find specific notes for later reference.

I personally like typing my notes because it is faster and more convenient than carrying around 5 notebooks all the time.

WRITING NOTES

Like i said earlier, I don’t type my notes for all of my classes. For my Zoology and Algebra class I actually hand write my notes. Now this is where it’s more time-oriented.

COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!

I am that girl with 5 highlighters, 10 colored pens, and multiple pencils, pens and sticky notes all inside her pencil case. I just love colorful notes, ok?

REWRITE THEM

Sometimes my professor would talk so fast, It looked like a 5 year old wrote my notes. I have found that rewriting notes actually helped me remember more information. (Muscle memory is no joke)

USE MULTI-SUBJECT NOTEBOOKS

One notebook for multiple classes equals less things that you have to carry around in your backpack!

COMPARE NOTES

I like to compare my notes with my neighbor because sometimes I miss a few things the professor may have said.

HAPPY NOTE TAKING!

A child of God and member of Her Campus at the University of Texas San Antonio.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.