This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

When I went into my Statistics class this semester, I was pretty terrified and nervous, but Professor Massaro has made Statistics extremely fun and interesting. I don’t even have to go home and teach myself, which is a first in my two years at college. Kimberly Massaro is one of the best professors I’ve had, and she is such an interesting woman. She’s passionate about healthy living, yoga, and her dream business has become my dream career.

Name and Nickname: Kimberly Massaro, Kim

Hometown: San Antonio, Texas

What school did you go to? The University of Missouri, I graduated with a degree in Statistics in 2007. Then, I came to UTSA for my Masters

What’s something you like to do in your free time? I work out a lot, I like going to the gym.

Favorite type of music/art? Country music and I guess you could say Areal Silks? I just started going to classes.

Who was your role model when you were younger? A lot of the gymnasts from Olympics, like Shannon Miller, since I was in gymnastics growing up.

If money didn’t matter, what would your dream career be? I would love to open my own yoga studio/wine bar. (I totally wanted to ask her if I could go into business with her.)

If you had an all expenses paid trip to anywhere, where would you go? Greece, Athens

What’s your favorite place to eat? Fralo’s.

If you’re going to cheat your meal plan, what do you cheat it with? Pizza, for sure. I’d just go to Fralo’s.

What would you say you’re an advocate for? Maintaining a healthy life style, and helping people learn more about how important nutrition is. It is never too late to help even adults know how important it is to be healthy.

Why Statistics? I was a Mathematics undergrad at first, but I switched to Statistics since I saw how it was just applied math and it would help more in the real world.

Since you’re great at a subject that many consider their worst, what is your weakest subject? Writing, I can do numbers but I can’t write a paper to save my life.

How did you come across UTSA, and why did you want to teach here? I was raised in San Antonio, so I’ve known about UTSA. Then I did my Masters here and decided to work here.

Do you enjoy teaching here? Yes I love working here! I’ve been working here for 8 years and it is fun to see the wide variety of students on campus. There are students from all around the U.S. and world, and many different ages, it’s interesting.