20 Annoying Things Only UTSA Students Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

1.     Stairs. Stairs. And more stairs.

Like seriously who’s idea was it to have so many stairs?!

2.     Having football games not on campus

Don’t get me wrong, the Alamodome is a super cool venue for having our football games, but tailgating on campus and walking to the game with friends would be so much better.

3.     Tablers harassing you on your way to class.

I have been that annoying tabler before, but I also hate that annoying tabler. Please let me walk to class in peace.

4.     No study rooms available

It’s definitely awesome being able to book private study rooms for you and your friends but when all of them are full it literally feels like the end of the world.

5.     AIS

Although only current freshman can relate, I think all class of 2018-ers can agree: worst. class. ever.

6.     Rowdy dollars not working at the bookstore

People with meal plans can understand the struggle of wanting to spend unused rowdy dollars at the bookstore at the end of the semester.

7.     AirRowdy Wifi never working

Is reliable wifi too much to ask for?

8.     Shuttles

Whether you got on the wrong shuttle or waiting for the shuttle made you late to class y’all know the struggle.

9.      Greek life doesn’t have housing

Because frat parties in apartments gets a little too stuffy sometimes, not to mention with the growth of our Greek life, housing is becoming more and more necessary.

10.     Overcast weather all the time

The awkward mist rain and overcast gets old real quick when living in San Antonio.

11.     Doing laundry while living in the dorms

It’s hard enough when there are no washers/dryers available and then when they are available they leave gross black stains all over your clothes, which is even more annoying.

12.     Parking

If you’re a resident, you can forget parking in the front of Chaparral Village and if you do get a spot up there don’t even think about moving your car on any given Monday-Thursday. If you’re a commuter, plan on parking in Narnia everyday because that’s how far away you’re going to park.

13.     Hills

The fact that you can enter buildings on campus on more than one floor is insane. The surface of campus is so uneven it’s not even funny.

14. Students wearing other colleges shirts

It’s understood that we aren’t a huge tier one university yet but seeing everyone in A&M, UT, Tech etc. shirts on campus is getting old.

15.     Fourth floor of the JPL

In case anyone forgot, it’s a library, which means study sesh not gossip sesh please stop conversing!

16.     University Oaks

The pictures are definitely deceiving. You think you’re moving into the best place on campus when in reality you’re moving into the worst apartment of your whole life.

17.     Scavenger hunt kids

I don’t know why but there just always seems to be some group of little kids on campus running around doing who knows what asking students where buildings are on campus. Make. It. Stop.

18.     No diet coke

I’m not sure how much healthier diet coke is opposed to regular coke but the fact that it isn’t available at any food vendor on campus totally puts a damper on lunch.

19.     The fact that they are getting rid of Extreme Pita in the Business Building

Everyone loves that place how could they be doing away with it. Tear.

20.     Lastly, the fact that no one else on any other campus can truly appreciate and accept that UTSA is a great school.

Everyone else in Texas looks down upon us but that will never stop us from having Roadrunner pride!

Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.