Writer of the Month: Renata Cruz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Name: Renata Cruz

Age: 20

Hobbies: Painting, photography, watching old movies and sewing.

What is your major/minor and why did you chose it?

Mass Communication, concentration in Broadcast. Since I was in high school I knew I wanted to do journalism because I love traveling and meeting different people and knowing what is happening around me.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of Her Campus UTRGV?

I like that Her Campus gives freedom when it comes to writing.

What is your dream job or what do you hope to accomplish within the next 5 years?

I don’t have a dream job because I want to do a lot of things, but my dream job would be something that makes me happy and allows me to be myself. 

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

If I could have a superpower I would like to time travel and visit events in history that I’ve missed or travel to a significant time like the 80s.

Where do you wish you could travel to but haven’t?

I dream to go to Greece on day! I love the architecture and would love to try some Greek appetizers.

Do you have any tips for fellow journalists/writers?

Tips for fellow writers is not to over think what they want to write about. It’s not tha hard, just be yourself, find your passions and interests and just let it flow.

What do you want to tell those who are thinking about joining Her Campus UTRGV?

Anyone thinking of joining Her Campus should know that it’s a great organization because it allows you to write in your own free time, gives you good writing experience.

Lastly, are you a dog or cat person?

Im definitely a dog person. I love pugs so much! I don’t like cats because they scare me, specifically the sounds they make, it makes me feel like they want to attack you whenever you aren’t looking. So watch out!

UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor