This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Fall is here and you know what that means, no not pumpkin spice lattes! I’m talking about fall makeup trends! Fall is such a fun time to experiment with makeup. While summer was all about the “no-makeup look” fall is the time to go bold and try new makeup trends. I’ve compiled a list of fall makeup trends you must try:

Bold Lip

Fall is the perfect time to try a lip color you normally wouldn’t wear. Some great choices are a red, burgundy or plum lip. If you’re feeling extra bold you can try burgundy and gold ombré lip.

Gold Eye Shadow

Gold eye shadow goes great with fall colors, and looks amazing on every skin tone. There are so many shades of gold for all skin tones. You can start off by wearing gold in your inner corner or be bold and wear a gold glitter lid.

Highlight

While highlight is great all year long, fall is a great time to amp up your highlight. Since fall is a time for darker makeup, highlight can bring light back to your face. You can apply highlight to your cheekbones for a subtle shimmer or apply it to your brow bone, nose, Cupid’s bow and inner corner of your eye for an extra shimmery look.

Smokey Eye Shadow

Fall is the perfect time to experiment with a smokey eye look. You can use darker shadows such as plum, dark brown and burgundy to create smokey look. You can even add some of the darker shadow to your lower lash line to create and extra smokey eye look.

These are just a few fall makeup trends, but you can experiment with your makeup this season, maybe you’ll even create your own fall makeup trend. If you don’t feel comfortable making your own trends try one or all of the fall makeup trends I listed. Whatever you do with your makeup make sure to add your own style and be yourself! 

Kennedy Castillo is a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley majoring in communications. She is the founder of her personal brand Kennedy C Media consisting of KennedyCBlog.com, The Simply Kennedy Podcast and Kennedy Castillo Youtube Channel. She previously worked with Riddle & Bloom as an Amazon Prime Student Ambassador. She is a freelance writer with published articles in Woman2Woman Magazine, Glue Magazine, Lune Magazine, Vinazine and Her Culture Magazine. She is the current Campus Correspondent and President of the UTRGV Her Campus Chapter and previously worked as a Her Campus Chapter Advisor, Her Campus Chapter Expansion Intern and Her Campus High School Ambassador Program Advisor.
UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor