This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Do you ever crave sweets but fear it would break your new year’s resolution of eating more healthy? The answer to your problem is vegan desserts. Not only are they packed with nutrients like Serotonin (found in cacao) and filled with proteins (found in bananas, peanut butter and dates), but they will keep you away from breaking the new you! Here are three easy recipes that only require three ingredients.

1. Fudge 

Ingredients: 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips, ½ cup coconut butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1. Place plastic wrap in a pan, you can add oil so that it sticks to the pan.

2. Melt chocolate chips on low heat (to prevent chocolate from burning stir occasionally)

3. Add coconut butter and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate chips

4. Pour all ingredients in pan and place it on fridge for a couple of hours

5. Once it’s set let the pan sit at room temperature for half an hour

2. Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients: 2 frozen bananas, 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter and 3 Tbsp. raw cacao nibs

1. Freeze two bananas

2. Place bananas in food processor until well blended

3. Then add peanut butter and cacao nibs

4. Enjoy your vegan-ice-cream!

3. Chocolate Mousse 

Ingredients: 1 cup of dates, 1 ¾ of Almond Milk or any non-dairy milk and a cacao chocolate bar

1. Melt chocolate bar.

2. In a food processor, add almond milk and dates. Then the melted chocolate.

3. Let it chill for five minutes and enjoy.

A Mass Communications major, with a minor in Art and Graphic Design. Passionate about creativity and food. 
UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor