Things We All Still Want to Happen in Grey’s Anatomy Season 14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

With the return of of Grey’s Anatomy comes the excitement and anticipation of what’s to come. If you are like me and watch it religiously, the characters seem to feel like family. We have hopes for them and how their lives should go on the show. After an emotional turn of events at the end of Season 13, it’s easy to say there are certain things fans are still hoping will happen in the new season.

1. Yang’s return

Cristina Yang left the show with an emotional exit. In Meredith’s time of need, she accepted a job with another hospital and left us heart-broken. Yang and Grey were the dynamic duo. Sure, they had their fallouts just like any other best friend pair, but they always got through it. It saddened fans everywhere to see her go. Bringing her back, even just for a visit, would give fans some closure.

2. Meredith finds love.

We thought that last season would finally be good for poor Meredith. Apparently, we thought wrong. Just as things were going good and she had finally convinced herself it was time to move on…things got crazy. Riggs’ long lost wife was found, and Meredith’s world was once again turned upside down; however, she handled it well. Personally, I would not have handled it how she did. It broke my heart to see Meredith go through this after all she’s been through.

3. Jackson and April get back together.

Throughout the last few seasons, Jackson and April have been through alot together. From losing their first baby, to having another and dealing with being split up, it’s easy to say they’ve kept great attitudes through it all. Somehow they always end up coming back to each other. Toward the end of Season 13, we were shown a faint glimmer of hope for the rekindling of their love for each other; however, we were left hanging when things didn’t go as we had hoped. For a while, there were rumors circulating that they would be getting back together in Season 13. Obviously, this wasn’t the case. In my opinion, it’s clear they still have feelings for one another. I mean, you can see it all over April’s face. Hopefully, this will be the season for them.

4. Derek’s death was just a dream

Every Grey’s fan knows the emotional trauma caused by Derek’s death. I still cry like a baby every time I see that episode or flashbacks to days he was still alive. I mentioned earlier the hope for Meredith to find love again is quite strong. If, in fact, Derek’s death was all a dream, this would answer a major wish for Season 14. We would be getting the best of both worlds: Meredith finds love again, and Derek is still alive! How awesome would that be? Derek and Meredith’s relationship was always my favorite. It saddened me to see it come to such a tragic end. All would be well in the world if Shonda was pulling our leg and made his death a dream all this time.

Though these may not be what every single fan is hoping for, I would venture to say that a large majority would like to see these things happen in this season. If not this season, then at least by the end of the series. We all need some closure, especially after being left hanging at the end of Season 13. Here’s to the return of Grey’s Anatomy and enjoying the emotional roller coaster Shonda takes us on.

Photo courtesy of: https://www.pexels.com/photo/space-needle-photo-37350/

I'm a senior Ag Communications major and Zeta Tau Alpha sister. I love coffee, my family and dogs.