Come Along and Join the BEST Team on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Her Campus UTM is a local chapter of Her Campus. This means that we are a small part of the #1 new-media brand for the empowered college woman. We take women who think they like to write and make them better. Through our team of 15+ women, we work together to make our chapter amazing. We write, laugh, eat and try new things together, all while working toward our degrees.

Are you wondering what you can gain from joining our team? You can learn how to write to your full potential with the help from our editors. You can learn how to work on a professional team of women all with the same goals in mind. You can learn about different topics by reading our content. You can meet new people by interviewing them to write about their story. You can grow in your leadership by taking a position in our chapter. You can help yourself become the best you can be.

Personally, Her Campus has been a huge part of developing my professional life. By starting this team on campus from the very beginning, I had to learn how to do it all. I took something that seemed impossible and made it a part of our campus culture that so many students are familiar with.

I also have met so many professional women that have helped me advance my career search. I got to attend Her Conference in NYC during the summer of 2017. I was able to network with other Her Campus writers from all around the country, along with the women from the national office I was in correspondence with during our launch process. This experience solidified my decision of wanting to be in public relations when I graduate this May.

I have been able to work directly with all members of our team in some way or another. I brought on a wonderful team of four women to lead this chapter with me, and now one of these women is about to take over to continue bringing this chapter to greatness. I am so proud of them and everything they have accomplished for our chapter. I have watched a timid freshman from Massachusetts develop into an amazing social media director with so much more leadership potential.

Are you convinced yet? I think you are! You should send me an email at utm@hercampus.com and tell me that you are interested! You simply will not regret it!

Picture credit: Nationals

Thumbnail picture: https://images.pexels.com/photos/34072/pexels-photo.jpg?w=940&h=650&dpr=…

Brigitte Curcio is a Senior at the University of Tennessee at Martin. She is studying Public Relations and Women's Studies. She is from Connecticut and moved south for school to be on the Division 1 Skyhawk Rifle Team. She is a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha and she serves as Panhellenic President among many other leadership positions around campus. She is so proud that she is able to be a part of bringing Her Campus to UTM.