bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Over the years there have been various weight loss tricks to help people lose weight. One popular one going around right now is drinking apple cider vinegar (ACV). There are many benefits that can come from drinking ACV including losing weight. Some of the benefits that can come from drinking ACV are: 

It can aid in healthy weight loss, by reducing your food cravings

• This can help for people who might eat out of boredom

• By having something that curbs your eating habits, you can cut down on unnecessary eating

• There are also some studies that show that drinking ACV can boost one’s metabolism

• Though drinking ACV can help a person lose weight without any lifestyle changes, it works best if it is combined with a healthy diet and a good workout plan.

Improves skin

• If you are someone who struggles with acne, this might be helpful in clearing up your skin
  • ACV contains many helpful bacteria that can inhibit the growth of acne

Regulates blood sugar and blood pressure and cholesterol

• Drinking ACV is a natural way to maintain your health because of all the positive benefits that come from drinking it

Improves digestion to help reduce bloating

• For some people bloating is always a problem for them no matter what they eat. Drinking ACV helps a person digest their food more. The only con to this is it might make a person go to the bathroom more frequently then they are used to

Just like all other things, drinking ACV may not work for everyone. It is also important to remember that if you do want to start drinking ACV for health benefits such as losing weight, it is important to talk to your doctor first before you do anything. The type of ACV that is used is the organic Bragg’s brand. It is recommended to drink about 1-2 teaspoons. It is up to the person how many times a day they want to drink it. Some good times to drink it would be right when you wake up in the morning or before you eat food. If you are using ACV to lose weight, drinking it right before you eat meals may be the best. This will make sure that you do not overeat and your food will be digested properly. Because ACV is acidic, it is recommended that a person drinks it with a straw and that they mix it with something. Some common drinks that people mix it with are water or tea.

Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.