What to do if You Can’t Go Home for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

For some of us cranberry sauce is the cherry on top of our favorite holiday! Turkey fever has come and let’s admit it, instead of focusing in class we’re all dreaming about time off from school and chowing down on leftover turkey. But if you can’t make it home for the holidays there are other ways to celebrate. Here’s a few ideas for a chance to make new traditions!

Host a Friendsgiving.

Chances are there will be more than one person left behind in the dorms for this short holiday break. Grab your buddies and host a potluck dinner. KFC chicken buckets are a great substitute for a whole turkey and much easier to serve potluck style.

Tag along.

Know a friend who has family in town? Ask to join in on their family festivities and offer to bring your favorite side dish. With all the food cooked, the more the merrier!

Give back.

Don’t want to cook for one? Get a head start on your holiday spirit and go down to your local shelter to volunteer and help feed those in need. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor