This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Hello everyone, and welcome back to another year at the University of Utah! Whether you are a seasoned pro going into your senior year or a nervous freshman just stepping onto campus for your first time, there is no denying the excitement in the air. The beginning of the school year is a time to try new things and meet new people. Here are some events to look out for during the first few weeks of school!

Plazafest: August 23, 10am-2pm.

Plazafest is the big club information day that the University of Utah holds the first week of school. This year it is being held on Wednesday August 23 from 10am-2pm at the Union Building on Campus. This is a great time to see what all of the U’s clubs have to offer and to really think about what you want to be involved in for the upcoming school year.

Her Campus Utah Applications: Available now!

We are looking for new writers, photographers, and videographers to join our team! Her Campus Utah will be tabling at Plazafest this year, so make sure to stop by our table to learn more about what it is like to part of this amazing organization! Here is the link to this year’s application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdESGdE4tSQHy_Xi1W4CmyoRhQ84cs4Iyi1yBb24HR1lO6Asw/viewform?c=0&w=1

Apply! You won’t regret it!

Crimson Blitz: August 25, 9pm-2am

This year’s first Crimson Nights is Sports Themed! Grab your jerseys and sneakers and head over to the Union Building! Here are some of the fun activities that will be happening at Crimson Blitz:

– Giant Inflatable

-Obstacle Course

– Speed Pitch

– Mocktail Bar

– Giant Water Pong

– Water Slip and Slide

– Free Food

– Free Giveaways

– and much more!

Entrance is free with your University of Utah ID and is $5 with another college identification. You won’t want to miss it!

Sorority Recruitment: September 2, 3, 4 & 5

Sorority Recruitment is just around the corner! Make sure you sign up and give Recruitment a try. If you are looking for a supportive community within our huge University, going through Recruitment could be an amazing option for you! Here is the link to sign up for 2017 Fall Recruitment: http://fraternityandsororitylife.utah.edu/. Go Greek!

Now what are you waiting for? Get out there and sign up for clubs, go through recruitment, and don’t forget to apply for Her Campus Utah! Welcome back and have a good year!

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor