The Ultimate Gift Guide for When You’re Broke AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year again… which means it’s also time to shop for everyone in your life on the same budget that struggles to afford your Starbucks fix. To make matters worse, other gift guides out there urge you to spend $50, $100, $200 in your quest to buying the perfect gift each person on your list.

It’s hard to imagine scraping up the funds to buy Christmas gifts when you’re struggling to pay for your ramen stash. Never fear, collegiettes! This ultimate holiday gift guide makes shopping easy AND affordable.

Organizational Gifts

These are the kinds of things that I always forget to buy for myself—notebooks, planners, etc. Be the hero who buys the gift your loved ones didn’t know they needed— all for under $15.

Tapestry Pocket Notebooks (set of 2), Rifle Paper Company, $10 

Send It Your Way Jewelry Organizer, Modcloth, $11.99

Memo-saurus Desk Organizer, Modcloth, $12.99

Food Gifts

Because everyone loves food, and food related things, making these gifts perfect for that person that you just can’t ever decide what to gift (i.e. your dad, your cousin, any relative you haven’t seen since 2013 but still feel obligated to buy gifts for).

Snowflake Cookie Cutters, Sur La Table, $6.95

Dylan’s Candy Bar Signature 3-Bar Gift Pack, Dylan’s Candy Bar, $9.50

Fox Mug, Sur La Table, $4.99

Fashion Gifts

For the fashionable girl or guy in your life. And with each gift clocking in at under $10, these gifts are the best of both words: fashionable and affordable.

Basic Medallion Bandana, Urban Outfitters, $8

Pintrill x Madewell Pin Set, Madewell, $9.99

Odds and Ends

Sometimes, you just need to find that gift that doesn’t really belong in any category. Behold, four special gift for someone who doesn’t fit in any category.

Scrabble Fridge Magnet Game, Madewell, $10

Cat Lady Car Stickers, Modcloth,$9.99

Jams, It’s What’s For Dinner Lunch Box, Modcloth, $12.99

And when all else fails..

Socks

Socks are the perfect gift for everyone on your list, in my humble opinion. Give socks to your boyfriend, girlfriend, boss, landlord, mother, father, step-sister…whomever. You can’t go wrong with socks.

Cozy Fairisle Socks,Target, $3.00

Hellraiser Socks, Blue Q, $9.99

Mona Lisa Socks, Amazon, $6.50

And there you have it! Hopefully this helps you budget your gift-buying expenditures this holiday season. Happy gifting!

With a double major in Political Science and Economics, Allyson hopes to become either a lawyer or a professor of political science after she finishes her degree at the U. Her hobbies include shopping for clothing she cannot afford and working out without breaking a sweat. She is an avid lover of podcasts, and always appreciates recommendations. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor