Tried and True Sensitive Skin Care Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Does your skin react poorly to basically everything everyone else uses? Do you have a hard time finding the perfect products that won’t turn your face into a ball of redness? Are you allergic to practically everything? Me too! I have spent years trying to find products that help me instead of hurting me. I have personally tried all of these, and trust me, my skin is baby smooth now.

Facial Cleansers

Exuviance Gentle Cleansing Cream

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $32

Why: I have skin that will reject anything that doesn’t have gentle in the title. This face wash is perfect for the drier months. It leaves your skin feeling pampered after every use.

Mario Badescu Cleansing Milk With Carnation & Rice Oil

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $10

Why: Cleansing milks tend to be more luxurious due to their creamy texture. Perfect to soothe angry dry skin.

Moisturizers

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Where to find it: Sephora

Price: $5-$30

Why: This cream is great to help skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema,and keratosis pilaris. This product is allergy-tested, dermatologist-recommended, and safe for sensitive skin. It contains colloidal oatmeal, the only FDA-approved, OTC ingredient for eczema.

Mario Badescu Ginseng Moist Cream

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $18

Why: Mario is a great brand for someone looking for more products with a relatively short ingredient list. This cream is a great lighter moisturiser for the warmer months where your skin is not so dehydrated.

Exuviance Ultra Restorative Creme

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $52

Why: While this one is pretty expensive it is the first product I grab when my face is painfully dry. I’m taking multiple patches of dry skin all over my face. It’s thick formulation brings instant relief when rubbed in.

Serums/Face Oils:

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil

Where to find it: Sephora

Price: $16-$96

Why: This is my lifesaver. Honestly, when my skin is peeling like a snake’s skin I reach for this. It leaves my face feeling nourished and never greasy.

Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $22

Why: This is a good alternative to the Argan oil which tends to be a bit pricey. I found this one first and used it for quite awhile. It would feel great on my most dry days.

Face Masks:

Mario Badescu Healing and Soothing Mask

Where to find it: Ulta

Price: $20

Why: The name practically explains everything. I would use this to combat the allergic reactions I had from other products. It felt so great on my irritated skin, and has always helped so much.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Where to find it: Sephora

Price: $26

Why: This is such an easy product. You just put it on before you go to bed and sleep in the mask and wake up with re-hydrated skin. It has the silkiest texture.

Lip Balms:

EOS Lip Balm

Where to find it: Ulta and most convenience stores

Price: $3.49

Why: I’ve had allergic reactions to lip balms before and it is the worst thing ever. This has always been my savior. It moisturizes better than anything I’ve ever tried. Plus the packaging makes it harder to lose!

Petroleum Jelly

Where to find it: Any grocery store

Price: $2(ish)

Why: This product has so many uses. I would use it when I go swimming in the ocean to protect my skin from the salt. It’s great to relieve dry and cracked lips. It’s thick consistency makes it more durable than most products you put on your skin. It will stay put through almost anything.

Good luck, and don’t give up hope just yet. If you have any severe conditions make sure you talk to your doctor before taking advice from a magazine.

Proud owner of a Hulu Plus account, Netflix, and HBO Go with none in my name. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor