Top 10 Most Ridiculous Music Videos of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Top 10 Most Ridiculous Music Videos of All Time:

1.   “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Tyler

This song is absolutely my favorite song to jam to in the car. My friends and I sing along, being as loud and dramatic as possible. Though this song is one of the greats, the music video is on of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed. With the creepy glow eyed people, and the creepy children, this music video takes the number one spot on my list.

2.    “Thriller” by Michael Jackson

We’ve all seen it; the longest music video of all time. This thing might as well be a full length movie. Still, it’s a classic, and will forever hold a place in our hearts.

3.   “Best Song Ever” by One Direction

Oh One Direction, how you’ve stolen the hearts of us girls. From the crazy costumes, to the fake accents, this video is just full of silliness. But we will all still swoon when Harry starts singing. 

4.   “Incomplete” by Backstreet Boys

This is probably the most dramatic music video known to man, and of course, if you have a broken heart, the only logical thing to do is go sing in the desert in front of a burning car.

5.   “Larger Than Life” by Backstreet Boys

They are Literally dancing robots. End of story.

6.   “Toxic” by Britney Spears

Britney we love you, however this video makes absolutely no sense. We’re all going to watch it ten times in a row anyway.

7.   “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode

There are no words to describe this. It’s a guy dressed as a king, walking around with a lawn chair. Just…. Why?

8.   “Like a prayer” by Madonna

Half of this video is highly offensive, and the other half is just plain bizarre. We all know Madonna can be a little out there, but this is on the extreme side, even for her.

9.   “Blow” by Kesha

First of all it starts out by saying “No mythological creatures were harmed in the making of this video”. You know it can only go down hill from there.

10.   “Tonight, Tonight” by The Smashing Pumpkins

So they fly away into space, the astroids have faces, and creepy alien guys fly about. I would definitely give them an A for originality.

Editor-in-Chief for the Utah chapter of Her Campus. I'm a political science major at the University of Utah, in my time I love to cook healthy and delicious meals, organize detailed parties, and pet every dog I see.
Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!