absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Three Quesadilla Recipes for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The quesadilla is my go-to meal when I have nothing else to cook. As someone who prides herself on extensive meal prepping and meal planning, the plain cheddar cheese quesadilla is often my humble last resort.

However, when I’m not staring at an empty fridge, I often make one of my favorite quesadilla recipes. These recipes have a little something for everyone. They’re all vegetarian, and can easily be made vegan if you omit the cheese. These recipes also make amazing burritos if you’re looking for something that’s a little easier to eat. Without further ado, here are the three quesadilla recipes you’ll be rocking in no time: 

1. For When You’re Busy AF

This recipe for lentil quesadillas is one of my favorites for several reasons. First of all, it’s super easy to make. You basically just cook the lentil mixture in the crockpot and then assemble your quesadillas when the lentils are cooked. Additionally, since it’s made from lentils and brown rice, it’s also a super cheap recipe. Lastly, this recipe makes a TON of food. This is crucial when you’re busy, because you can basically just make the lentil filling on Sunday and have enough meals for the next few days.

An added plus, the recipe for Magic Green Sauce that is shown in the article is also pretty damn amazing.

2. For When You’re Trying to Eat More Veggies

Eating healthy in college is usually (read: always) a struggle. Restaurant and prepared foods are always a faster, better-tasting temptation when you are faced with the opportunity to prepare your own meals. However, sometimes eating healthy isn’t that hard. Take, for example, this recipe for Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas. This recipe is quick to make (it can be prepared in less than thirty minutes), is chock-full of veggies, and is actually delicious. Win-win-win.

3. For When You’re Eating Post-Workout

For me, the best part of finishing a challenging workout is coming home, hopping in the shower, then scarfing down a delicious meal. However, as tempting as it might be to finish a tough lifting session with Cocoa Puffs, there are certainly MUCH healthier options. Enter these sweet potato/black bean/kale quesadillas. Kale is a great source of iron, black beans provide protein, and sweet potatoes are chock full of antioxidants. Featuring not only one but two super foods (sweet potatoes and kale), this recipe is a great post-workout meal.

These three recipes offer creative twists on a college-kitchen staple. Happy cooking, collegiettes! 

With a double major in Political Science and Economics, Allyson hopes to become either a lawyer or a professor of political science after she finishes her degree at the U. Her hobbies include shopping for clothing she cannot afford and working out without breaking a sweat. She is an avid lover of podcasts, and always appreciates recommendations. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor