diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Pose Your Way to a Better Picture

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s no secret that you’ve got your best selfie pose down, but when you’re not in charge of the camera it’s harder to perfect your pose. With the help of these easy tips you no longer have to dread being tagged in your friends’ photos and can now embrace that camera flash!

Turn to the side.

Angle your body slightly to the left or right for a slimmer appearance. This stance will also help you to appear taller. Don’t be afraid to add the hand on the hip “skinny arm” too! It’ll help make your arm look leaner and your waist a little smaller.

Head out.

Nobody wants to have a dreadful double chin in photos! Practice posing with your head slightly forward and your chin angled to the side. While that may seem awarkd, perfecting that pose will undoubedly hide any unwanted chin flawlessly.

Use your arms.

Avoid letting your arms dangle awkwardly by your side. Instead, put your hand on your hip or around someone else. Remember when we said don’t be afraid to use the “skinny arm”? We meant it!

Minimize your feet.

Keep at least one foot angled toward the camera to enhance the look of long legs. Like the picure above shows, if you keep your legs together you’re going to get a pear shape, and if you stand with them shoulder width apart you’ll have no shape! By angling one foot toward the camera and placing your other foot behind, you’re going to be rocking an amazing hourglass shape in all your photos!

Smile!

Even the best of us have bad picture days (remember 6th grade?!) so just smile, smile, smile and that’s all anyone will notice! Like Marilyn Monroe always said, “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.”

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor