This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Fall has brought such a great energy to the air! Especially at this past Saturday’s event Porch Fest, which was located only a couple blocks away from Campus. If you missed it this year, don’t worry here is a recap that will make you mark your calendar for next year.

Porch fest consisted of 71 bands on 35 porches along 1200 East. There was also a farmers market featuring salsa, jams, pumpkins, veggies and more. Continue down the street and you would run into a variety of food trucks. I started with Fiore’s fire wood pizza then continued to relive time spent on sandy beaches while drinking KJ’s Paradise famous pineapple float, which was served in a whole fresh pineapple! We ended the night munching down on deep fried Oreos. There were many other choices including Peruvian sandwiches, corn dogs, Mexican and Asian foods to satisfy any craving. Later into the night a selection of local bands played on a stage located in the middle of the street. For the animal lovers, there were dogs and even some cats enjoying the evening as well. Whether you were like my friends and I who ate while we listened, or some fellow peers who danced and hula hooped, it was a great time listening to great music!

Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Krissi attends the University of Utah studying to become a journalist. When she is not doing school work, she is a part time makeup artist, full time animal lover and spends any moment she can outside. (She especially loves outdoor malls.) She quotes: "Writing is one of the most beautiful ways to express ourselves and I could not be more thrilled to be apart of Her Campus!"
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor