This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Title: Spring Break is around the corner and your nails are the news!

This cute but sophisticated Spring Break nail look will be all the rage on and off the newstands. It is really simple and many, myself included, have found success trying it. It can be done! Show off your artistic style without breaking your budget or frying your patience with complicated directions. Get to it!

Things You’ll Need

• Piece of newspaper
  • Base coat
  • Grey nail polish/or light colored nail polish
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Cotton buds
  • Top coat
  • Nail polish remover
  •  
    Step 1
    : Get those nails squeaky clean! It’s usually good to wash your hands before, with mild soap.
    Step 2:
    : Paint your nails in a light grey, nude, or light pink nail polish color. Let it dry completely before doing the next step.

Step 3
    : Take the rubbing alcohol and pour a bit of rubbing alcohol into the cap or into a small jar.
    Step 4
    : Dip each nail into the rubbing alcohol for about 5 seconds each.
    Step 5
    : Before the rubbing alcohol dries, quickly take a small piece of newspaper and press it firmly on your nail for a few seconds. (15-20 seconds)
    Step 6
    : Peel it off carefully. You’ll find that the ink from the newspaper will be left behind. (Repeat steps 2-6 on the rest of your soon-to-be-fabulous nails)
    Step 7
    : Now after inking all your nails apply a topcoat. This is needed because without it the newspaper will rub off. It also gives your nail some extra shine, so why not? Shine away! 

Tip– If the first nail doesn’t turn out the way you planned, no sweat! It’s all trail and error and by all means tailor the instructions to work for you!
    If you are still struggling with this look and need further instruction try checking out this link below to get a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2kcdt4_5Ncc#!