Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah News

You Know You Live In Utah When...

By Mietra Aarabi
April 10, 2014 - 3:00am

Let it be known that I have state pride.  I love this Beehive state.  It's been my home for as long as I can remember, Salt Lake City is MY city. That being said, I know as well as anybody that Utah and its residents have their quirks. So, let's kick back and laugh at ourselves a little! READ MORE

Grand Kerfuffle is One Big Party

By Emily Means
April 9, 2014 - 4:00am

“There is only one thing better than a good concert and that is a good concert that is free.” Troy Gulbrandsen, a U professor, was not alone in those sentiments. Over 4,000 concert-goers attended ASUU’s Grand Kerfuffle Friday night to mosh in the cold to performances by hip-hop newcomer Hoodie Allen, rap royalty Talib Kweli and Salt Lake-based act Burnell Washburn & The Druthers. READ MORE

Miranda Kerr Bares All

By Ellie Briggs
April 8, 2014 - 4:00am

Miranda Kerr, former Victoria's Secret Angel, is on the cover of GQ Magazine's U.K. May issue that was released last week.  She bares it all wearing nothing but a pair of knee-high socks.  This interview was not like most, Miranda got down and dirty on her love and sex life. READ MORE

Get in on the Trend: Super Foods for Super Cheap

By MalloryRogers
April 1, 2014 - 3:30am

The worst part about healthy eating is the number that comes up on the register when you are at the check out. I always think to myself, "Why is it so expensive to treat my body well!?". Between competing in pageants and boxing matches, I must keep my weight in a very specific place, and it gets pricey to keep up on my constant diet. Over the years I have discovered ways to maximize my nutrition and my grocery budget at the same time. Here are my secrets:   Spinach READ MORE

7 First Impressions Guys Have of Girls

By Kelly Lasher
March 27, 2014 - 3:30am

Being confident means that you shouldn't care what other people think about you, your style, or your little quirks.  But when you're strutting down the sidewalks of campus, it's hard not to wonder what people, especially guys, are thinking when you pass by.  Do they really notice our makeup, or just our overall look?  Take a look below for some of the first impressions guys have about our beauty choices and girly habits.  Now take notes and learn how to make your first impression count!      1. Glasses. READ MORE

The Clothesline Project: Raising Awareness One T-Shirt at a Time

By Emily Means
March 24, 2014 - 3:00am

Sometimes a story doesn’t need to be bound up in a book to be important. At least that’s what Braxton Dutson thinks. A senior in social work and creator of the Clothesline Project student group at the U, Dutson knows how important it is for an individual to share his or her story in any context. READ MORE

7 Friends You Don't Need In Your Life

By Rizki Permatasari
March 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Friendship is an essential aspect in everyone’s life.  As Aristotle once said, “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.”  We couldn’t agree more!  We all need our friends, and we know that they can definitely make our lives better.  But have you ever felt the opposite?  Maybe you have that one friend that annoys you more than anything.  Learning that you don't have to be or stay friends with everyone is a tough but a necessary lesson that a lot of girls need to figure out.  Take a look at this list and see if there's some social spring cleaning to be done!      1. The Whiner READ MORE

3 Best Places to Eat on Campus

By Trâm Hoàng
March 17, 2014 - 1:30pm

Are you hungry and tired of eating the same, boring campus food everyday?  We at HC Utah have you covered!  Try these 3 places to eat on campus and enjoy the change!      1. Tony Caputo’s Market & Deli Tony Caputo’s Market & Deli is an Italian cuisine deli located on the first floor inside the Carolyn Tanner Irish Humanities Building.  This little branch of Tony Caputo’s is truly an ideal place to have sandwiches and soups.  It is quite a small deli but has plenty of seating, including indoor and outdoor tables. READ MORE

Spring Break Playlist

By Ellie Briggs, Mietra Aarabi
March 7, 2014 - 3:00am

In honor of Spring Break, Her Campus Utah has compiled a list of songs that make us feel like sunshine!  Play these songs throughout the week whether you're on a hot beach, or the snowy mountains to guarantee yourself an unforgettable Spring Break.  "Margaritaville" - Jimmy Buffett "Sunshine" - Matisyahu READ MORE

5 Campus Trends Inspired by Francesca's Boutique

By Autumn Lieu
March 4, 2014 - 3:00am

Tired of staring at your closet for hours not knowing what to wear?  Her Campus Utah and Francesca's Boutique have come together to show you 5 different outfits you can rock on campus, or out on the town. Be sure to read until the very end as we have BIG surprise for you!  Julia is looking fabulous and ready for spring to come!  Stripes are a very big trend during the spring time, especially like the striped blouse above as it gives a nautical look.  The shorts tie the whole outfit together with a nice pop of color.  Keep your look fun and full of color, that way you're ready for some spring time fun!   READ MORE